Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 160

Thread: Samurai Shodown Neo-Geo Collection (PS4/XB1/PC/SW)

  1. #51
    Armored Scrum Object
    Shuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal

    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by heihachi View Post
    Thatís cool, and Iíd definitely put that rom on a flash cart...but an official SNK release would be neat as long as itís not garbage like most of the recent official SNK stuff
    I'd love a legit physical mvs copy of the game. This would be so cool
    Shuri approved class acts of neo-geo.com:
    mjmjr25, alberto1225, Terot, Fox1 and at the top: Xian Xi

  2. #52
    Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!
    Fygee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Las Vegas

    Posts
    2,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaston View Post
    O look a collection release with an unreleased game (that never cut it because nobody cared anymore at that point and because it probably sucked ass).
    Curb your enthousiasm is what I'm saying.
    History says otherwise. It wasn't released because it was made by a skeleton crew at Yuki without SNK/Playmore's knowledge.

    Personally, I really liked SS5 and SS5S, so having a more refined version of it with better story is something to be excited about.

  3. #53
    SSVS Special Plz...
    Buying & Selling that
    Never get's old.

    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    England

    Posts
    7,484
    Certainly the biggest and most welcome news in a very long time
    Its the beginning of an unforgettable event

  4. #54
    Earl of Sexyheim LWK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Southern California. Neo Candy Central!

    Posts
    18,051
    I'm gonna hold off on buying this till I see opinions at release.. Even then, I'll probably wait.

  5. #55
    Iori's Flame
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey

    Posts
    8,042
    I'm going to wait like I did the other Samurai Shodown game. Once it hits the under $15-20 mark on digital or physical I'll maybe pick it up. Outside of the one game which is essentially a upgrade of a game I'm not too crazy about, don't see the need to get this day one. I know lag is going to be issue like it is with almost every one of these 30th anniversary essential gold platinum definitive anthology collection games. I was all pumped up for the Street Fighter collection and that was let down. No matter how much I want to like it and how good it looks on screen. It just plays funny.

  6. #56
    Ghost Of Captain Kidd
    Tw3ek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA

    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    I'm going to wait like I did the other Samurai Shodown game. Once it hits the under $15-20 mark on digital or physical I'll maybe pick it up. Outside of the one game which is essentially a upgrade of a game I'm not too crazy about, don't see the need to get this day one. I know lag is going to be issue like it is with almost every one of these 30th anniversary essential gold platinum definitive anthology collection games. I was all pumped up for the Street Fighter collection and that was let down. No matter how much I want to like it and how good it looks on screen. It just plays funny.
    It's free the week of June 11th on the Epic store, you could always just try it then and see how you feel
    [Rot] 1:39 pm: Twonk is a SAVIOR!

  7. #57

    TMOSteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Metropolis

    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by heihachi View Post
    They should release Perfect on AES/MVS too. Iím thirsty enough to buy it
    Quote Originally Posted by heihachi View Post
    Thatís cool, and Iíd definitely put that rom on a flash cart...but an official SNK release would be neat as long as itís not garbage like most of the recent official SNK stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuri View Post
    I'd love a legit physical mvs copy of the game. This would be so cool
    Agreement all around, maybe a physical release from the Neo store if Shawn would ever revisit something like this, official like the last several SNK games offered here.
    You never forget your first Neo...


  8. #58
    Cham Cham's Banana
    gameofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ohio

    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by heihachi View Post
    They should release Perfect on AES/MVS too. Iím thirsty enough to buy it
    That would be epic. SNK releasing a Neo Geo cart in 2020. I would support that, if they could keep the price reasonable.
    Sega Saturn USB DataLink Device
    www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com


  9. #59
    Cham Cham's Banana
    gameofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ohio

    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by saner View Post
    Samurai Shodown RPG is better than Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII and tons of other overrated RPGs.
    I donít know about that, but itís definitely the best rpg on the NEO!
    Sega Saturn USB DataLink Device
    www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com


  10. #60
    Bartender
    YeldellGW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pa. U.S.A.

    Posts
    1,709
    Latest trailer.



    Japanese version for those interested in the bonuses we westerner gamers will miss out on.


  11. #61
    NeoGumby's Sycophant
    k'_127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    United Arab Emirates

    Posts
    6,561
    Quote Originally Posted by bulbousbeard View Post
    Not really shocking given the level of bitch around here, but I find it amusing that you're the only person asking real questions.

    This is some of the most lazy, low effort shit in gaming. These crappy emulator repackages should be like $5 max.

    You could do a lot of really interesting stuff with a proper remaster of the Samurai Shodown games like make the games render at double resolution so that even when you're zoomed out the sprites still look just as detailed as they do when you're zoomed in, etc. That would actually require effort and cost money, though, and they know that stupid fanboys will pay for literally anything with the name SNK on the box, so they squat out these turds.

    https://twitter.com/MikeJMika/status...87928652525568

    In the #SAMURAISHODOWN Neo Geo collection, we have another cool trick up our sleeves: HD Zoom. The native resolution of the Neo Geo is 320x224. Sprite scaling consists of dropping pixels when scaling sprites down so that any amount of zoom-out causes pixels to be skipped over.

    By rendering the Neo Geo over 2x, doubling scanlines and doubling horizontal pixels, we generate a larger image where scaled-down sprites don't drop pixel data. All source pixels are seen on screen, and the process also makes camera zooms much smoother.

    This doesn't require any modification to the games, and makes them look the best that they've ever looked. See the images below: Old vs. New.




    (More screens at the link if you scroll down)

  12. #62
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    16,533
    Now that is impressive!

  13. #63
    Genjuro's Frog
    Digmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Lolifoxgirl's basement in the West Korean slums

    Posts
    1,153
    Finally, an emulation compilation worth purchasing, that provides something new and fresh. Got my preorder in for the limited version through the SNK shop. Also going to pick up the PC version for free on launch in hopes of the rom data being accessible.

  14. #64
    Armored Scrum Object
    Shuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal

    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by Digmac View Post
    Finally, an emulation compilation worth purchasing, that provides something new and fresh. Got my preorder in for the limited version through the SNK shop. Also going to pick up the PC version for free on launch in hopes of the rom data being accessible.
    Wait where on the snk shop did you pre-order it in physical format? Got a link?
    Shuri approved class acts of neo-geo.com:
    mjmjr25, alberto1225, Terot, Fox1 and at the top: Xian Xi

  15. #65
    -餓狼伝説弟子-
    BlackaneseNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    サウスタウン

    Posts
    1,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuri View Post
    Wait where on the snk shop did you pre-order it in physical format? Got a link?
    Sup Shuri. Iím not sure where you are located, but you can order some items on the snk online shop via Zen Market:

    https://zenmarket.jp/s/snkonlineshop/4964808151004

    https://zenmarket.jp/s/snkonlineshop/4964808152001
    Last edited by BlackaneseNiNjA; 05-28-2020 at 11:27 AM.

    超えるべき奴がいる。

    北斗神拳は無敵だ。

  16. #66
    Member
    neojedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Durham, NC, USA

    Posts
    3,294
    Is it just me, or is the PS4 collector's case ugly as hell? I'm debating picking up Switch limited and PS4 standard given that I don't own a Switch.

  17. #67
    New Challenger
    RondoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    25
    I haven't been here in over forever, but I have to chime in here, now.

    SamSho V Perfect is legit. I saw it at a loke test at the Taito hey! arcade back in late 2005.

    Other old neo-geo.com members were there as well. If you do a search you'll find photos of the game.
    I never got close enough to the cab.

    Some kid in Osaka got stabbed in a game center and SSVS disappeared from the big game centers. This game never saw the light of day, and we got Tenka Ichi on Atomiswave void of any violence.

    It's gonna be a blast from the past to actually finally try this out....

  18. #68
    Mr. Wrestling IV wataru330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    jiyugaoka

    Posts
    7,083
    The https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasebo_slashing in 2004 didnít do Katana Battle Action Games any favors either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Peart View Post
    Innocence gave me confidence, to go up against reality...

    Analog_Delivery_System=*when you absolutely, positively,
    must rock every person in the room*


    "I don't think your kids should see us playing Joust in this parking lot..."
    -300wins

  19. #69
    New Challenger
    RondoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    25
    I don't know about that case so well.

    I just remember the arcade stabbing being all over the news. And this huge debate in the media if game centers were safe places. And then BOOM! Every violent game was taken out of main street arcades. I used to play SSVS every weekend, and then I couldn't find it anywhere.

    And then, no matter which arcade re-sell shop you went to Mak Japan, G-Front, Try!, they all had TONS of brand new SSVS MVS Kits.

    I should know, I purchased three of them.

    I sold one here to the community about 6 years ago I think....
    Last edited by RondoX; 05-28-2020 at 02:52 PM.

  20. #70
    RevQuixo. Who He?
    NeoCverA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    6,364
    I think the pixel retention process is cool and all - I just hope its on the back end doing the work rather than imbedded in the game data. Reason: I still want an extraction of the SSV:P

  21. #71
    Neo-Geo.com's
    Top Rated Bully.
    FilthyRear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces

    Posts
    8,105
    Quote Originally Posted by bulbousbeard View Post
    Not really shocking given the level of bitch around here
    Says the faggot that argues with people over a pixelated camel.
    Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    And this is why I don't post here more often. Some truly terrible posts here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSegaDude View Post
    There's a reason why I don't post much here...

  22. #72

    Neo Alec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    8,877
    Quote Originally Posted by RondoX View Post
    I don't know about that case so well.

    I just remember the arcade stabbing being all over the news. And this huge debate in the media if game centers were safe places. And then BOOM! Every violent game was taken out of main street arcades. I used to play SSVS every weekend, and then I couldn't find it anywhere.

    And then, no matter which arcade re-sell shop you went to Mak Japan, G-Front, Try!, they all had TONS of brand new SSVS MVS Kits.

    I should know, I purchased three of them.

    I sold one here to the community about 6 years ago I think....
    Interesting story and theory. It could also be that the game just reached that age.
    https://basementbrothers.net/

  23. #73
    NeoGumby's Sycophant
    k'_127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    United Arab Emirates

    Posts
    6,561
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCverA View Post
    I think the pixel retention process is cool and all - I just hope its on the back end doing the work rather than imbedded in the game data. Reason: I still want an extraction of the SSV:P
    The message says the process is done via emulation, which means the roms remain intact.

  24. #74
    New Challenger
    RondoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    Interesting story and theory. It could also be that the game just reached that age.
    It is indeed very interesting. Even SSVS back then got a lot of backlash over it's gore and violence in arcades where it can be observed by the general public. When anyone of any age can walk in and play it, or even just see it. As there was no age rating system for game center games.


    SSVS was removed from arcades.


    The out-pour of complaints during this time is the very reason why SNK Playmore completely censored the AES release. And even when they "fixed" it, it was still censored.

    We will never know, but it is probably a good reason why SSVS Perfect was never released back then and we got the Tenka Ichi that we did.
    Last edited by RondoX; 05-28-2020 at 06:27 PM.

  25. #75
    King's Dry Cleaner

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SC

    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by k'_127 View Post
    https://twitter.com/MikeJMika/status...87928652525568







    (More screens at the link if you scroll down)
    I'd bet a good chunk of money that they were reading this thread, saw my post, and just added that to the game (you can modify ~3 lines of code in MAME to do what they did).

    The problem is that their implementation blows. If you look closely at the screenshots, you can see that tiles aren't aligned properly so there are gaps between the pixels. You'd have to actually do a little work for a clean implementation that didn't have problems like that.



    Great job, shovelware pushers!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •