Samurai Shodown Neo-Geo Collection (PS4/XB1/PC/SW)

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Eurogamer just posted a short but good read about the discovery of V Perfect. Some of this I had already read before, but there is some info in here I wasn't aware of. Worth a look.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-09-06-snks-gaming-archaeologist-and-his-holy-grail

Thank you yagamikun :buttrock: This quote in particular has my mind racing:

"There are some games that I heard of when I was talking to some folks at a company called Dimps. Throughout their history, they've been kind of bouncing between a developer that put their name on things and a developer that didn't, and they wound up working on a lot of Neo Geo Pocket Color games. I was talking to some folks that were former Dimps employees. And I was like, are there any big Neo Pocket games that you have? Or that didn't come out that you know of? And one guy's like, well, there's a bunch of them in a drawer somewhere..."

Last edited:

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Last edited:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
"I don't want to get anyone's hopes up," he says. "There are some games that I heard of when I was talking to some folks at a company called Dimps. Throughout their history, they've been kind of bouncing between a developer that put their name on things and a developer that didn't, and they wound up working on a lot of Neo Geo Pocket Color games. I was talking to some folks that were former Dimps employees. And I was like, are there any big Neo Pocket games that you have? Or that didn't come out that you know of? And one guy's like, well, there's a bunch of them in a drawer somewhere..."

Needs more info, kthx.

GamingCult

n00b
I’m halfway through the Retronauts podcast and one of the folks on the panel was asked if there would be an AES or MVS port of Samurai Shodown V Perfect and he mentioned something like he couldn’t comment on that which leads me to think it is under consideration. He also mentioned that he worked on SNK 40th Anniversary and Samurai Shodown Neo Geo Collection and he believes he will be working on more of them in the future. Interesting listen for sure.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Any word on a regular US physical release date beyond LRG "collector's edition?"

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Not that I know of, but the Play-Asia release for 49.99 has an English language option

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
i'm still playing this, what a great job.

Also playing so much SS5, it's hard to go back to SS3. I used to love SS3, I loved the different art style compared to the other entries, and the gameplay, but It feels like SS5P has 'ruined it' for me.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Steam version on sale with 75% off:

SNK publisher sale: