Thread: Samurai Shodown Neo-Geo Collection (PS4/XB1/PC/SW)

NAM-75 Vet

Samurai Shodown Neo-Geo Collection (PS4/XB1/PC/SW)

https://twitter.com/SamuraiShodown_/...94839481532419

- Includes all 6 of the Neo-Geo Samurai Shodown games
    - Developed by Digital Eclipse
    Attached Images Attached Images

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

I wonder what the pricing will be like? maybe $40? that'd be okay I guess.

!!

Morden's Lackey

Meh. Are people still excited about shit emulator collections? Like how many times can you rebundle the same shit with little to no effort. Give me real ports with native 16:9, training modes arranged ost etc. Shit like this is just pathetic milking

Kula's Candy

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection was an underwhelming, minimal effort affair. I'm sure online will be handled the same way with only 2-3 games playable.

I'd bite instantly if it had VI. No VI, who cares.

Science will find a way!

In the PAX panel they said all games would have online and that they were spending a lot more time on this especially for the extras like the digital museum. What is interesting is that even with all modern consoles and PC listed, they kept saying more platform announcements were coming which leads me to believe this will be cross gen.

Zero's Tailor

the ACA arcade perfect versions are already on PS4 PSN Store. and Samurai Shodown VI port is there too. yea the collection has online but people are always paranoid and underrate SNK netcode.

also would that collection be uncensored like Code Mystics's Samurai Shodown V Special on PSN?

I dont mind them milking Samurai Shodown series, but porting and localizing Samurai Shodown RPG on current consoles would make them more money than this collection and Octopath Traveler COMBINED.

there are millions of more gamers that love RPGs more than fighting games, and a fighting RPG they never seen/played before would be at the top of their list of must haves.
    Samurai Shodown RPG is better than Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII and tons of other overrated RPGs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CXxsijv-ek

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=33305&dateline=131067  3456

WA6TJE

Quote Originally Posted by saner View Post
    Samurai Shodown RPG is better than Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII and tons of other overrated RPGs.
    How in the fuck would you know that? Do you read Japanese? No. You don't.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Better than Chrono Trigger? saner.... don't be a dipshit.

!!

This comment is such bullshit. The maps were small, the encounter rates were ridiculously high, and the run thru playtime was less than a day, and would have been 6 hours with a normal encounter rate and battle system that wasn't so dependent on special moves slowing down the interface.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Mr. Tater

I dont mind them milking Samurai Shodown series, but porting and localizing Samurai Shodown RPG on current consoles would make them more money than this collection and Octopath Traveler COMBINED.
    It would probably make less money than Life of Black Tiger...thus, making it a huge financial loss for SNK.

Am I missing something here? What is saner's obsession with SSRPG? Did Deuce start posting here again?

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder View Post
    Moments like this make me feel much better as it means I'm not the only person on this site actually playing my games...

I'm not placing them on a shelf for 4 months while I jack off to pedophilic dog hummels.

WA6TJE

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    It would probably make less money than Life of Black Tiger...thus, making it a huge financial loss for SNK.

Am I missing something here? What is saner's obsession with SSRPG? Did Deuce start posting here again?

Jon
    Suggesting Deuce could be saner is out of line. Wasn't even called for.

Science will find a way!

Ive seen some hot takes before but Saner just won the wtf did I just read award for 2019.

Duck King's DJ

I haven't played any arcade 'collections' since the PS2/Wii era really. (SNK 40th, Konami Anniversary, Capcom Belts, Darius, etc) I wonder if they are still throwing these together lazily with issues for a quick cash in

Mr. Tater

Quote Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
    Suggesting Deuce could be saner is out of line. Wasn't even called for.
    I guess I can see how what I said could be misconstrued...sorry about that. Pretty sure Deuce hasn't been here since the incident where he tried to sell some Dreamcast games and Nightwolve waltzed in and ruined that.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder View Post
    Moments like this make me feel much better as it means I'm not the only person on this site actually playing my games...

I'm not placing them on a shelf for 4 months while I jack off to pedophilic dog hummels.

WA6TJE

Quote Originally Posted by jeffkun34 View Post
    I’ve seen some hot takes before but Saner just won the “wtf did I just read” award for 2019.
    Wasn't even his worst. Not in his top 25, even.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffkun34 View Post
    I’ve seen some hot takes before but Saner just won the “wtf did I just read” award for 2019.
    Have you read any of his threads!?

!!

Science will find a way!

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    Have you read any of his threads!?
    I usually try to stay away from anything he has created so I only see the madness he posts in threads like these. I'm fully aware that he does not live on the same plane of existence as us.

Lazy SNK Employee

Quote Originally Posted by Neorebel View Post
    I haven't played any arcade 'collections' since the PS2/Wii era really. (SNK 40th, Konami Anniversary, Capcom Belts, Darius, etc) I wonder if they are still throwing these together lazily with issues for a quick cash in
    Digital Eclipse's recent stuff is pretty good. The SNK 40th Anniversary Collection had a lot of neat extras and rare background materials, so it won't surprise me if they find equally obscure bonuses for this Samurai Shodown roundup.

Over Top Auto Mechanic

Digital Eclipse releases are meh. Their arcade releases were shovelware on the 360 and haven't improved much over the years. The extras on the 40th collection are just a distraction masking an inferior release.

Compare Ikari Warriors on the 40th Anniversary to the Arcade Archives version and it just gets killed. Arcade Archives lets you tate on a TV, has more control options, and online leaderboards. The 40th edition has borked scaling in bordered fullscreen mode, causing it to flicker when the screen scrolls; it's very distracting after playing the Arcade Archives version.
    Last edited by Jeneki; 04-03-2019 at 11:44 PM.
    4-slot Big Red (revision 3)

Lazy SNK Employee

I felt bad for Digital Eclipse because the pre-release, review-copy version of the 40th Anniversary Collection ran fine, but they put out a release-day update that actually screwed up some of the games. A later patch supposedly fixed that, but I still see a little screen tearing when I play Crystalis.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    This comment is such bullshit. The maps were small, the encounter rates were ridiculously high, and the run thru playtime was less than a day, and would have been 6 hours with a normal encounter rate and battle system that wasn't so dependent on special moves slowing down the interface.
    I really looked forward to Samurai Shodown RPG because I liked the idea of a battle system driven by fighting-game motions, as if every party member was Sabin from FFVI. Then I played it and gave up after a few hours.

Science will find a way!

I just hope this fairs better than the standalone release of SSVSP which was horrible for online. I have a feeling people are just going to be playing SSII and SSVSP online. I'll gladly throw down with anyone in SSIII though.

Agreed.

Why stop there though? It's better than the following games:

Super Metroid
    All Castlevanias
    Super Mario 2
    Bioshock
    Zelda 2
    Street fighter 1
    Street fighter 2
    Street fighter alpha
    Street fighter alpha 3
    The last blade
    Samurai showdown 6
    Zelda 4
    New super Mario Bros
    Animal crossing
    Initial D
    Virtua racing
    Eternal champions
    Final fantasy 8
    Dragon warrior 1
    Excite bike
    Kid Icarus
    Altered beast
    Final fight
    Fire emblem
    Super Mario 7

WA6TJE

Oh yeah, that's right, encourage him. That's exactly what the world needs. You validating the next school shooter.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Roker for Mod!

!!

Thread Information