Wings Of Bluestar (Shinu Real Arts) Potential NEOGEO Indie Game

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Lets hope it gets a rom release instead of some low run overpriced cartridge.

-SD-

Camel Slug
But you can’t put a ROM on your shelf and moan about the spine not matching…

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Porting a game from Steam to the Neo is not a trivial thing. Neo Geo games have to be built for that console from the ground up. If you're planning to release a game on the console you have to be serious about doing it; not just "keen" on it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Nah brah, it's super easy to port something from Unity to the Neo.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Porting a game from Steam to the Neo is not a trivial thing. Neo Geo games have to be built for that console from the ground up. If you're planning to release a game on the console you have to be serious about doing it; not just "keen" on it.

Exactly. I can not understand the excitement behind that Smash TV-clone. It's a Genesis game being ported to the Neo.

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
I just watched the trailer and what's there definitely looks nice. But, I also have reservations on being able to so casually port a Steam title onto the Neo•Geo. But, hey! To quote Principal Seymour Skinner from The Simpsons, "Prove me wrong, kids; prove me wrong!" ;)

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...first release will be on Steam... . After that and if the game is successful, I’ll try my chance porting it to systems like The Vita, the Dreamcast and the NeoGeo. But that requires extra effors since I have to rework the visuals for weaker systems. Add to this that I have no idea on how to code/develop for those older systems, so I’ll need external help if I decided to retro port the game.

Sounds like he can't swallow his own ambition...

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Exactly. I can not understand the excitement behind that Smash TV-clone. It's a Genesis game being ported to the Neo.
I preordered it, but anyone assuming it'll be out in 2019 need to take that shit outta here.

I recognize that this may not be possible for all releases, perhaps not on the Neo, but the recent release of Rikki & Vikki on the 7800 is an example of a better way to do things: Wait until the game is finished before you announce anything. That way you end up with almost nothing but happy fans, and much fewer complaints.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I recognize that this may not be possible for all releases, perhaps not on the Neo, but the recent release of Rikki & Vikki on the 7800 is an example of a better way to do things: Wait until the game is finished before you announce anything. That way you end up with almost nothing but happy fans, and much fewer complaints.

Unfortunately most devs rely on the preorders in order to finance these projects.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
anway the game looks nice, maybe too much danmaku for a yoko shooter (even for me), but I like the effort of making good games.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I'm afraid this game will not see the light on neogeo. The programmer don't know how to program the Neo and he would ask for external help. We all know how this will finish.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Either that or a years long hiatus, see Kraut Buster.

Yeah but thats what is gonna happen. You're either gonna get a pretty decent game that takes forever to release or someone being far to ambitious, blowing all the money and still being no where near what they'd have actually needed to make it.