how do you download music now?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I know there are nodes out there that distribute multichannel (4/5.1 channel) rips (Both analog and digital source transfers). I just have to get off my arse and find them.

You can't get that with streaming.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I hit up yard sale for albums. Picked up 16 LPs @ $1 piece.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Soulseek is life! I buy vinyl mostly and few cassettes. I'll stream either YT or Bandcamp for obscure tunes. :-J

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
FYI I took Shroom’s advice and found that archive.org has all the albums I wanted to download.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I buy CDs from local thrift stores or the occassional record store. Otherwise I use youtube. I bought a new iMac recently and it doesn't even have a CD slot so I guess when I rip CDs, I'll have to keep my old computer around or use thumb drives.

How do you guys listen to music in the car? Satellite radio is lame, expensive, and doesn't play the kind of music I listen to. Spotify isn't an option really unless you have a baller car that has has Internet access or you have an unlimited data plan on your phone. The radio isn't too bad depending on where you live, and what I use most of the time. I listen to the local alternative station GO96.3 + public radio hipster music station (think like a college radio station) What works good for me is the SYNC system (USB + a ten year old 32G iPod I leave in the car). Come to think of it, most of my music listening happens in the car. What's the best and cheapest way to get Spotify/Apple Music in a 5 year old car? Or should I stick to the iPod?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Depends on your car's stereo system, but the cheapest easiest way is to use bluetooth and a FM modulator if your stereo doesn't have bluetooth capabilities. You're limited to FM radio quality though. You may also look up to see if someone makes an aux cord for your car, installation can be a bitch but it's usually cheap. My car came with a pretty good stock system but surprisingly didn't have any aux or bluetooth capabilities, but someone makes a cable for $10 that plugs into the old satellite radio connector on the back to give an aux input, or I could pay a few bucks more for bluetooth. As it is I'm lazy and haven't installed the plug yet (I have to take apart the dash) so I'm using an FM modulator or *gasp* playing actual CDs.

It's kinda funny that my old 1984 car I sold last year had more advanced radio connectivity thanks to a $130 radio I put in.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I buy CDs from local thrift stores or the occassional record store. Otherwise I use youtube. I bought a new iMac recently and it doesn't even have a CD slot so I guess when I rip CDs, I'll have to keep my old computer around or use thumb drives.

How do you guys listen to music in the car? Satellite radio is lame, expensive, and doesn't play the kind of music I listen to. Spotify isn't an option really unless you have a baller car that has has Internet access or you have an unlimited data plan on your phone. The radio isn't too bad depending on where you live, and what I use most of the time. I listen to the local alternative station GO96.3 + public radio hipster music station (think like a college radio station) What works good for me is the SYNC system (USB + a ten year old 32G iPod I leave in the car). Come to think of it, most of my music listening happens in the car. What's the best and cheapest way to get Spotify/Apple Music in a 5 year old car? Or should I stick to the iPod?

https://www.instructables.com/id/Adding-a-direct-line-in-to-your-car-stereo-for-an-/

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Depends on your car's stereo system, but the cheapest easiest way is to use bluetooth and a FM modulator if your stereo doesn't have bluetooth capabilities. You're limited to FM radio quality though. You may also look up to see if someone makes an aux cord for your car, installation can be a bitch but it's usually cheap. My car came with a pretty good stock system but surprisingly didn't have any aux or bluetooth capabilities, but someone makes a cable for $10 that plugs into the old satellite radio connector on the back to give an aux input, or I could pay a few bucks more for bluetooth. As it is I'm lazy and haven't installed the plug yet (I have to take apart the dash) so I'm using an FM modulator or *gasp* playing actual CDs.

It's kinda funny that my old 1984 car I sold last year had more advanced radio connectivity thanks to a $130 radio I put in.

I use bluetooth for phone calls already. The USB seems to work so far. I remember my old car I used an FM Modulator and it was spotty, but it worked.

In the future, it would be nice to use spotify or bandcamp. Who knows? By then, all cars will probably have apps and Wifi.