how do you download music now?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Please no limewire, napster etc. I am looking for whatever the successor to torrent is, as my go-to demonoid is gone.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I don't. I mostly use Spotify but every now and then I'll still buy a CD or a record. Maybe 3 or 4 per year.

I used Napster and Limewire when they were big but Spotify is so much less of a hassle that it's worth ads or a subscription fee.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Typing (album name) + download into google works surprisingly well sometimes.
otherwise get a VPN and keep torrenting from TPB or whatever

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Spotify mainly, no need to pirate music anymore.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I haven't downloaded music in years as I've found streaming from Youtube is far easier and of course accessible anywhere there's internet. I know it's not lossless or even 320kbps but I can't say I really hear the difference anyway.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Spotify. If I buy music it's usually on Vinyl or CD. Yes I still from time to time buy CDs....Then back them up to my PC to put on my various devices.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I stream music as well, right now I think I have a free promo from Amazon Music. But once that runs out I’ll probably just go back to using Hoopla, Freegal Music, Soundcloud, and borrowing CDs from the library.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I use Spotify or newsgroups nowadays, newsgroups just for some of the deep electronic stuff I try to find.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I have a paid sub to youtube and I can use the yt music app for all the songs I want and I can download songs on my phone for offline use. It's all sorts of awesome and gay all over the place.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I’m out of the loop. Why is torrenting no longer an option?

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Spotify. If I buy music it's usually on Vinyl or CD. Yes I still from time to time buy CDs....Then back them up to my PC to put on my various devices.

I occasionally buy CDs still too, but rip them and file them away in my CD rack in case of random HDD crashes. Vinyl is mostly how I buy my physical music tho.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I occasionally buy CDs still too, but rip them and file them away in my CD rack in case of random HDD crashes. Vinyl is mostly how I buy my physical music tho.

Same.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Yeah mainly spotify here as well. But I think Soulseek still works, doesn't it? I havent used it in over a year so I could be wrong.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I don't really download, I mostly stream through Pandora. If I really need an album I'll find the cd online for like 5 bucks and then rip it to whatever format I need.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Just go to Bandcamp and do the name your price thing. There is tons of lossless free shit.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I've never really pirated music en masse, if there's something that I already have on vinyl/something that's really hard/expensive to get a physical copy of, I use Soulseek.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Please no limewire, napster etc. I am looking for whatever the successor to torrent is, as my go-to demonoid is gone.
Blogspots

Plus, I buy vinyl and tapes mostly. Cd's not so much anymore.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Blu-Ray audio is crazy awesome.

If I were to be buying or downloading anything, it would be that.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I just rip the music video from YouTube.
or rip the audio only from YT.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Bigger bands I mostly just rip individual songs from YT or use a VPN to torrent the album (there are still several big public torrent sites out there). Smaller bands/artists, I'll usually just buy the album but there are private BT trackers out there for most genres of music.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Just go to Bandcamp and do the name your price thing. There is tons of lossless free shit.

This right here. I pretty much get everything digital from Bandcamp

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I still buy CDs or just listen to stuff on YouTube.