-The Official Vegan Thread-

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
no ragrets.

Fuck autocorrect and fuck you.

But mostly autocorrect.

No Regerts.

I've known a lot of vegetarians/vegans...

My main gripe with a small proportion of them... is that they try and preach to me that eating kebabs... processed meat... and other stuff is bad...

I don't fuckin' tell them what to eat... why tell me...

LOOK... I have a handy leaflet with what I should cut back on... do due to health issues... BUT I'll be fucked and in the ground before I let some preaching wanker tell me what to eat...

xROTx

Meh, you just ended up meeting an asshole. I bet they're assholes in other aspects of their life but Veganism just gave them an outlet. Most decent ones have learned to keep their mouths shut unless you bring up the subject.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Meh, you just ended up meeting an asshole. I bet they're assholes in other aspects of their life but Veganism just gave them an outlet. Most decent ones have learned to keep their mouths shut unless you bring up the subject.

True story...

I was out on a meal with Jan... and one of her friends is a Vegan...

A SERIOUS vegan... all fuckin' evening... she was pestering the waiter about wierd shit... like "if the carrots had been humanely cut"...

What is worse is she doesn't drink either... which made me want to stab her...

xROTx

PS. She eventually ordered some tomatoes (whole)... and some lettuce...

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
How does one humanely cut a carrot? Are they referring to the humans that actually harvest them or the carrot itself? Don't machines do all of that crap nowadays anyway?

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
I'm not a vegetarian, but I had a portabello mushroom quesadilla with chorizo spices in El Pass and it was one of the most magical things ive ever eaten.

Portobello mushroom burgers are deffo underrated. Cooking BBQ pulled jackfruit for dinner tomorrow, a firestorm to purify

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
True story...

I was out on a meal with Jan... and one of her friends is a Vegan...

A SERIOUS vegan... all fuckin' evening... she was pestering the waiter about wierd shit... like "if the carrots had been humanely cut"...

What is worse is she doesn't drink either... which made me want to stab her...

xROTx

PS. She eventually ordered some tomatoes (whole)... and some lettuce...

A straight edge vegan? Is she single?

Portobello mushroom burgers are deffo underrated. Cooking BBQ pulled jackfruit for dinner tomorrow, a firestorm to purify

:lolz: Seeing them on Friday!

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
At some point, people need to step back and realise there is only so far you can take something. There is no point in complaining to restaurant staff if you've just put petrol in your car to get to the restaurant. A lot of potatoes and veg are grown in fields sprayed with chicken shit and other dung anyway. No escaping it, and I say that as a vegan.

I often wonder about vegan people with tattoos, as older inks were full of animal product

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
A straight edge vegan? Is she single?

Sadly... she managed to find some poor dumbass to marry...

Ironically... he found her online as he was a Computer geek living with his mother...

xROTx

PS. Did I mention... she's French?

fake

15 Year Member
At some point, people need to step back and realise there is only so far you can take something. There is no point in complaining to restaurant staff if you've just put petrol in your car to get to the restaurant. A lot of potatoes and veg are grown in fields sprayed with chicken shit and other dung anyway. No escaping it, and I say that as a vegan.

I often wonder about vegan people with tattoos, as older inks were full of animal product

Totally. Like I said, it's impossible to be 100% vegan unless you want to be a shut-in.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
A true story for Rot:

I met this awesome German chick who does yoga and stuff and she invited me to some yoga/vegan retreat. I respectfully declined (I had other plans), but she comes back a bit disappointed. Turns out they don't allow forks to eat food at this place because it'll bring memories of stabbing your food which is disrespectful to animals (even if you're eating veggies).

Crazy fucking shit, man.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
A true story for Rot:

I met this awesome German chick who does yoga and stuff and she invited me to some yoga/vegan retreat. I respectfully declined (I had other plans), but she comes back a bit disappointed. Turns out they don't allow forks to eat food at this place because it'll bring memories of stabbing your food which is disrespectful to animals (even if you're eating veggies).

Crazy fucking shit, man.

Imagine the things you could sell these people...

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I've known a lot of vegetarians/vegans...

My main gripe with a small proportion of them... is that they try and preach to me that eating kebabs... processed meat... and other stuff is bad...

I don't fuckin' tell them what to eat... why tell me...

LOOK... I have a handy leaflet with what I should cut back on... do due to health issues... BUT I'll be fucked and in the ground before I let some preaching wanker tell me what to eat...

xROTx

because some of them are trying to reduce the pain and suffering of animals. They dont care about your health.
I can at least understand that angle. I choose to ignore it, but I get it.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Solution is meat grown in a lab. And vegetables grown in a lab too. Maybe some new crap that doesn't exist yet but fills us up grown in a lab some day.
Existence is ridiculous

fake

15 Year Member
Solution is meat grown in a lab. And vegetables grown in a lab too. Maybe some new crap that doesn't exist yet but fills us up grown in a lab some day.
Existence is ridiculous

I remember a few years ago I read an article about why we don’t have pills that fill us up. Answer was that it’s just impossible to do so for now.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Existence is ridiculous

Now now you're forgetting the animals that grow that meat and veg in the lab aren't you?

fake

15 Year Member
I don't think I've ever had vegan ice cream until last night. I love ice cream, and I'm not a snob, but I can tell good ice cream from bad. But this vegan stuff was actually pretty good. Def not something to scoff at.

Wow, cool. I definitely have noticed with myself that I'll sometimes get a feeling that I'm hungry even when I shouldn't be or maybe my brain is confusing a certain signal for hunger.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Wow, cool.

cool-fuck-cool-actually-fuck-45081607.png

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Going to cut meat out of my diet by about 80% for the next 6 months and see how that goes.
I'm a bit worried that I won't be able to do it. But maybe cutting down without going full herbivore is the right thing for me to do. I'm too skinny right now so I'll have to see if the pain is real

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Going to cut meat out of my diet by about 80% for the next 6 months and see how that goes.
I'm a bit worried that I won't be able to do it. But maybe cutting down without going full herbivore is the right thing for me to do. I'm too skinny right now so I'll have to see if the pain is real

Find the oldest person you know, and ask them about their diet.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Nice one, appreciate it. I guess the payoff is better quality life overall.

What I have been told by the oldest guy I know, is that he keeps a routine. Breakfast, lunch, an afternoon cocktail, and a dinner. Weight doesn't change. If it does, he eats more or less to return back to 160 lbs.

I guess what this does is creates less fatigue on the system.

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
Eating a plant based diet is not "going Vegan". I have been Vegan for quite a few years and my wife and I made the decision based on the ethics around the exploitation of animals for any purpose.

You can eat a plant or animal based diet and be healthy or unhealthy. For me I say really even if it was less healthy to eat a plant based diet I would still do it. I try hard to eliminate anything in my life that involved exploiting another species - I don't wear leather, buy products tested on animals, or support zoo's/animal racing/circus/etc. After years of reconditioning myself to look at other species as something more than just commodities I will go so far as to step around bugs on the path or take spiders outside - It really has come to that lol!

Do I advertise I am Vegan in my daily life? No. Do I get all wound up if my impossible burger is cooked on the same grill as a hamburger? No. I am not a crusader against other people's choices - I set an example if someone happens to notice. Burning yourself up about other people and the choices they make can only lead to unhappiness.

I have no doubt there are things in my daily life that still can be traced back to animals, but to me it is about the spirit of the philosophy which to me is do your best to do no harm to all the other creatures since ultimately we have complete dominion over them.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Eating a plant based diet is not "going Vegan".

I'm pretty sure that IS vegan. Are you gatekeeping? There's no room for elite-ism in this matter, imo. [upon thinking about it, I think you meant that "going vegan" also means no leather or animal based products, not just to food -ed]

....I made the decision based on the ethics around the exploitation of animals for any purpose.

I try hard to eliminate anything in my life that involved exploiting another species ....

Yeah, these are the things that are bothering me. We try to pretend that cows/chickens/pigs aren't sentient beings but they really are. They're happy, sad, scared, they're animals like you and me. I know there was a time when it was necessary to eat them, but I'm not so sure about it anymore.

I can't see myself giving up meat, nor do I want to. I will probably still eat cheese and eggs. But for fucks sake, it doesn't have to be every fucking meal. I feel as Americans we just go too far with that shit.

My ultimate goal is to hit 80/20. That's 80% of my meals become vegetarian while the other 20% meat. Let me get to this goal first before I go to the next step (if I decide to take another step).

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
But for fucks sake, it doesn't have to be every fucking meal. I feel as Americans we just go too far with that shit.

My ultimate goal is to hit 80/20. That's 80% of my meals become vegetarian while the other 20% meat. Let me get to this goal first before I go to the next step (if I decide to take another step).

Completely agree with you on this, it seems to me that a lot of western food culture revolves around meat, meat and more meat oh and here's some token green stuff. It's terrible and we have all these unhealthy idiots running around who can't handle broccoli or carrots or onions etc. It really needs to change but that's a societal shift you need.

I eat meat a few times a week and vegetarian otherwise. I really don't miss my old ways at all.