-The Official Vegan Thread-

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Like why, my dudes?

I've been bumping into y'all everywhere I go. I can understand vegetarianism. One of my best friends is Indian. That food is fucking delicious. Paneer, tofu, awesome curries, etc.

Vegans though ... most of that shit is nasty. I don't mean hummus and falafel either. I mean that nasty seiten shit and stuff like bleeding veggie patties. How can you live without real cheese?

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I'm not a vegan or vegetarian there's too much tasty meat out there, but I had this last month in a cheesesteak and I hardly could tell this was vegetarian. I'd be perfectly fine eating this as a sub provided it was prepared well.

https://impossiblefoods.com/

WuTang did a funny mini webseries for White Castle for their Impossible Burgers, I don't have a White Castle near me so I can't comment on them.

https://impossiblefoods.com/whitecastle/#episodes

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
hahaha I am 90% vegetarian [leaning towards vegan] with occasional cheese. But seitan and fake meats and shit are horrible foods. The goal should be to just eat food. As in, fruits, veggies, nuts and beans. You can make all the curries in the world vegan - minus the flavorless chunks of paneer. Also, there are some genuinely good cheese substitutes out there now. That Daiya garbage is gross. But honestly, if you are constantly trying to substitute cheese, just fucking eat cheese. You have to have a reason to eat/not eat what you do. Figure that out and do it.

America especially has been taught to eat via marketing.

In terms of the Impossible Meats, I don't like them because they are way too realistic. I don't like meat and have no desire to emulate it. It's like meat MAME.

Last edited:

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Vegetarian wouldn’t be too hard, but there’s no way I could swear off dairy. Half my diet is ice cream and cheese! And all that tasty gluten... ;)

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I can understand vegetarians to some degree. Some do it for health reasons, and I can get behind that. But vegan? That's just fuckin dumb. My favorite band is a bunch of Vegans, and they are awesome people - but not a fan of veganism. Veganists. Veganites. I mean if using animal byproducts is so damn terrible - why you pumpin' gas, sucka?

IT'S MADE OF DEAD THINGS. DEAD THINGS, MIKEY.

edit: AND ANOTHER THING - It's just a personal pet peeve here, but it bugs me when vegans have to fake all kinds of meat.

Vegan burgers.
Vegan cheese.
Vegan steak.
Vegan lambchops.
Vegan chicken fried steak.

I mean come on, bruh - its like lesbians that swear off men, but then buy the biggest veiniest dildoes out there.

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Lol. I love the revolt. Hey, shroom, you pasty white balding bacon aromatized incel, come take a bite of the vegetarian meal plan and the beautiful women who come with it. Oi!
I'm vegetarian and can't eat dairy, so I'm basically vegan plus eggs. My life is so God damn cool. I have a health condition plus a fucking amazing cook awesome girlfriend, that between the two lead me here, but dude...
I mean being able to elect to not eat meat is a very first world option. I feel good not eating pleb scraps.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Also, the Vegan fake meats are a novelty. To be serious, is a giant fake chicken breast sandwich cool when I'm 8 shots and 8 tall cans wasted in Philly? Yes, yes it is.
When I'm home and can cook yakisoba, broth, and like 7 vegetables, with a side of mushroom spicy steam buns in 20 minutes? No I don't eat that shit. Much like a healthy meat eating human wouldn't eat fast food typically. They would make a decent meal at home.
So yeah, we've got junk food too. Who'd have thought.

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
I'm a meat eater but can be a vegetarian if is required for some days 'cause I like also vegetables, mixed nutrition is essential for an human.
What I can't be is a vegan 'cause this kind of food has a terrible taste.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I can't do a vegan diet but I eat quite a lot of meals that would be considered vegan and my diet is very much vegetable/grain focused. That said I am a huge fan of meat, good meat, not the bullshit 'I have to eat meat with every meal' garbage meat because hey I ain't ballin' fellas.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I wonder why people get so upset with vegans.

because they tend to be assholes.

There was a felafel place in DC that had really great shwarma as an option, and local vegans complained and threatened to boycott the restaurant if they didn't remove the chicken from the premises. So the business freaked out and capitulated. Then the vegans went back to their studio apartments and pegged each other A2M.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Like everything else lately, there seems to be a noticeable segment that tries to shame you with their superior morality into thinking/becoming like them.
I know vegetarians and vegans, never tried to convert or harrass me. Must be me being special that nobody harrasses me.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Didn't say all, just a vocal subset.

pretty much all.

There is a general nastiness that comes when one's diet is all synthetically produced "natural" tofus, seitan, and other frankenstein abominations of "food."

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
pretty much all.

There is a general nastiness that comes when one's diet is all synthetically produced "natural" tofus, seitan, and other frankenstein abominations of "food."

Well let's just agree that, with all the other problems in the world...there are bigger fish to fry.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Didn't say all, just a vocal subset.

In my humble experiences, the differences between vegan and vegetarian often is the line between asshole/not asshole. I don't really care what anyone eats, and vegetarian dishes that aren't fake meat are often delicious.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Mock meats made for Asian monk/nun food is creative and delicious.

Philly’s Chinatown would melt your brain with choices.

I like tasty morsels of all persuasions. I often get chicken korma at my favorite Burmese restaurant; however, Singapore Resturant’s Lunar New Years menu, w/ the little mock spare ribs (taro stick ‘bone’ and all) are BANGING.

Writing off all ‘fake meats’ means you are missing out.

Seitan made from scratch in a pressure cooker at home or mom & pop restaurant>store bought factory produced globs.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
In my humble experiences, the differences between vegan and vegetarian often is the line between asshole/not asshole. I don't really care what anyone eats, and vegetarian dishes that aren't fake meat are often delicious.

I agree. I love a good bean stew, and if I ever venture into an indian place, I will shy from the meats and chicken just because the vegetarian options are going to be better.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I know this came off as a usual Roker thread, but in all seriousness I've met a shit ton of vegans on my travels in Patagonia. None are arrogant about it, but it also means they pretty much can't eat anywhere. I may not understand it, but if that's what you gotta do, then go for it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I know this came off as a usual Roker thread, but in all seriousness I've met a shit ton of vegans on my travels in Patagonia. None are arrogant about it, but it also means they pretty much can't eat anywhere. I may not understand it, but if that's what you gotta do, then go for it.

Travelers with dietary restrictions... just learn photoshop and Instagram selfies from home.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I know two vegans and one former vegan now vegetarian. They're all fat and the vegans are assholes. How come?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Definitely can't comment on why they're fat. I eat like a pig just to keep my weight stable. It's had the opposite effect on me.