Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice by From Software 03/22/19 - Pump Level 15/10

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I'm almost finished with my NG+ run. I happen to really love the game, and the gripes that people bring up I can def understand, but they don't bother me to the point of disliking the game. Also the reason why there is an item collect button is because you can use items like the mibu balloons to increase the money before you collect it. That way if you wanna play stealth style you don't have to lose time on the items. I think people try to compare to much, and get disappointed when things aren't exactly what they are expecting. I thought the story was great, and figuring out things as I go by reading item descriptions, and surveying the areas was fun to me.

I also like the combat, while its no bayonetta, its not really meant to be. Its a game of clashing swords, and i feel like it accomplishes this. It feels good to time your deflects and get perfect deflects, and not take damage or extra posture. There are times when you can spam the block and get away with it though. But I think if it was tighter the game might require a WHOLE lot more out of the player

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Games no longer for sale, and I'm no longer interested in it. That shit is cracked in half and waiting to be picked up by the garbage men tomorrow.

"hey this is how you play this game. Use a completely different and complex yet rewarding combat system!

OH wait, except on this one boss where you have to play like you're playing dark souls or Bloodborne."

Fuck you game. In the trash you go.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
If i kill a boss a week I will be happy ._._ believably, by anime standards grinding a stage is fun... Sometimes I mean you can get it to look cool. At bullcock now, he doesnt gfet hurt? Google will know.:mad: so much rage... Whats one guy on youtube milkymoo? Or something ._.? Cant believe his vids. Looks like there s going to be some abhorrent beasts I wont be able to kill.

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
I crushed Genichiro.

Hornerhea, come on bro, I was having fun experiencing this game with you.

You're too emo. Git gudder bruh.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Yeah man. I'm out for sure. Trashed the disc. That type of random takes-you-out-of-the-gameworld shit pisses me off. Bloodborne *never* did that. I'd get pissssed at a boss, but it made sense. This bullshit with the gun cunts and this idiotic purple monk, that's shit. I had to fight O'rin like maybe 5 times? Kicked her ass quick. But purple monk was complete shit.

I had a *blast* with Genichiro. But yeah, I'm done. I been meaning to get to my switch DS 1 remake anyway.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I finally stopped trying to play Sekiro like Bloodborne, and it's smoother going now. The bosses are good at forcing you to learn that.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Yeah man. I'm out for sure. Trashed the disc. That type of random takes-you-out-of-the-gameworld shit pisses me off. Bloodborne *never* did that. I'd get pissssed at a boss, but it made sense. This bullshit with the gun cunts and this idiotic purple monk, that's shit. I had to fight O'rin like maybe 5 times? Kicked her ass quick. But purple monk was complete shit.

I had a *blast* with Genichiro. But yeah, I'm done. I been meaning to get to my switch DS 1 remake anyway.

If you seriously broke a product you paid money for because of frustration, then you may need to take step back for a bit.

Edit: I hope you are just joking.

Anyway, I finished NG+ last night. I did the return ending, which from what I hear is basically this games version of the umbilical cord ending from Bloodborne. Had a Blast fighting the final boss and "riding the lightening" Gonna try and find the last Gourd seed I need, and 2 prayer beads before I move on to NG+3.

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
Hornerrhea is a ragenerd.

Im having fun still.

Beat a couple bads, cheesed some horrible minis (lone dark swordsman go fuck yourself)

Now I'm on guardian ape 2.0 and decided to let it wait for another day.

Good game. Still fun.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Lone darky was easy. 1 stealth kill then just deflect, mikiri and dead.

Marek

Banned
I hate battles that spaz out the camera is all.

Anyway, bruh, you threw your disc in the trash.

Ultimate rage quit.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Eh I already downloaded the steam version from a torrent. Worst case I'll just connect my XBone pad to the computer and play there. Maybe cheat engine my way to where I was and go from there.

Maybe.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The more I play it the more I like it. I miss working on a build and seeing my character evolve, though. The prosthetics and skills are fun, but not quite as involving.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Haven't posted here in a while. Real life heavy shit been going with my health, leaving and selling my house, and now living out in middle of nowhere with 3rd world internet pretty much. Older Satellite internet and using my phone as a mobile hotspot after years of having Comcast running 100x better. I've been avoiding stressful stuff, so I only can play this game for 2 hours and that's enough, unless grinding. I have 1 boss left to beat to get my first health upgrade. My main problem with this game is you can end up fighting 5 people at once or 3 people surrounding a boss, etc... shit is brutal man. You really have to lure people out in no stealth kill situations. At least I have some health perks and 3 health restores. I am playing this on a PS4 Pro and baffle as to why the game has frame unlock mode jumping from 38 to 50fps roughly. Fix that shit Fromsoftware.

Marek

Banned
Eh I already downloaded the steam version from a torrent. Worst case I'll just connect my XBone pad to the computer and play there. Maybe cheat engine my way to where I was and go from there.

Maybe.

You will.

Pussy.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I'm back to where I was with cheat engine (extra damage, God mode, etc) and killed the fake monk.

I'm gonna leave it there for a bit and then come back and not turn on any cheats. I basically just wanna fight the dragon.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Killed the bull.._do not lock 'horns' on him.._went through a dungeon buncha munks old lady says across._. Cant clear all the priks to look around esp upstairs b4 outside._. Only upgrade was spinning shurken, letdown._at least no boss rite away?

*armor man and headless man both suck. thank goodness for google.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Killed the bull.._do not lock 'horns' on him.._went through a dungeon buncha munks old lady says across._. Cant clear all the priks to look around esp upstairs b4 outside._. Only upgrade was spinning shurken, letdown._at least no boss rite away?

*armor man and headless man both suck. thank goodness for google.
The armored knight was actually a cool fight. Took me a couple tries to realize you had to be near an edge.

Marek

Banned
The armored knight was actually a cool fight. Took me a couple tries to realize you had to be near an edge.

There are a few fights that straight up make no sense without prior knowledge of tricks.

That one was cool, and was figure outable. But there are some others that god only knows who would have the patience to figure out.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
That's what bugged me about the purple monk. The game sets up this fairly complex but easily learned combat system, and it's 100% abandoned in this fight. Even watching vids on YouTube, they all basically say 'stick and move.'

No dude. This game is about aggressive attacks and blocking/deflection. Not one slice, wait for an opening, slice, rinse and repeat.

Marek

Banned
That's what bugged me about the purple monk. The game sets up this fairly complex but easily learned combat system, and it's 100% abandoned in this fight. Even watching vids on YouTube, they all basically say 'stick and move.'

No dude. This game is about aggressive attacks and blocking/deflection. Not one slice, wait for an opening, slice, rinse and repeat.

Yeah i hear you. I just sympathize with programmers.

It must be hard to program against cheese and still achieve your desired goal.

The guardian ape's second form is uncheesable.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Yeah i hear you. I just sympathize with programmers.

It must be hard to program against cheese and still achieve your desired goal.

The guardian ape's second form is uncheesable.
He apparently does have a couple of patterns you can get him into though, depending on your distance.