Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice by From Software 03/22/19 - Pump Level 15/10

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
so if I skip that old hag butterfly...how long until I get stuck after that giant I didnt try?

Wait, what giant? If you have beaten Gyobu (the Horse guy), the Blazing Bull is your next fight and its almost immediately after. Basically you go through the gate that Gyobu opens, kill like maybe 7 dudes and a couple of Hammer Fatties, then its Blazing Bull time. Its just so out of character for any Bloodborne/Souls boss I've encountered. Though I dont have a lot of experience with Souls games, so who knows, maybe there is a shitty cow boss in those games too. Bull's just pissing me off because no matter what I do he hits me with his damn blazing log of fire.

Marek

Banned
The bull is easy.

You have to run away from him and let him destroy all thr fences and booths etc. Then kite him and use the firecrackers to stun him.

The next miniboss is pissing me the fuck off. The samurai general with a bunch of gun guys around him.

Fuck that dude. I finally decided to skip him and made it to the first indoor checkpoint with the blue monks.

Hopefully i can down the next boss and then go back and beat the butterfly woman, then get my prayer bead from the motherfucking samurai...

Last edited:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Those gun guys can be picked off from afar using shruiken, and then you can sneak behind the general to take a meter. May have to kill a roof ninja or 2 to prevent interference. For my part, I went nuts a few days ago against a random midboss on the way to the gun fort and fought it a hundred times or more for the win. Since then, the game has just been easier and I managed to clear Butterfly and the castle roof without too much trouble.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
That roof section with the boomerang ninjas... God damn that was annoying. Now I'm fighting the one lone blue samurai with the spear. Decided to take a break.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
That roof section with the boomerang ninjas... God damn that was annoying. Now I'm fighting the one lone blue samurai with the spear. Decided to take a break.

I died on the boomerang guys last sunday. Unfortunately been unable to play since then. I tried to be sneaky and take the right rooftop side. Made it all the way to the back and got gang banged by 3 of em.

Might hop back on tonight.

For the bull literally just stay behind him. If he runs off follow him, and get right on his ass.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Fuck I want to play this game, but I'm in the middle of Nioh right now. I just know if I get this, I'll put down Nioh. I feel like Nioh is good enough that I should beat it first. But god damn does Sekiro look good.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Fuck I want to play this game, but I'm in the middle of Nioh right now. I just know if I get this, I'll put down Nioh. I feel like Nioh is good enough that I should beat it first. But god damn does Sekiro look good.

So far I would have to say I like NIOH more. I made it to the very end of NIOH and never beat it. I need to finish it off. Seriously though, NIOH is great. Don't rush it and enjoy.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Yeah I'm done. Fuck this.

Bloodborne and Souls games didn't just have completely random designed bullshit levels.

Hey let's have a ninja game where you're all stealthy and the put a section in where nothing but fucking GUN WEILDING ENEMIES CAN SHOOT YOUR ASS FROM 9 MILES AWAY. Also, let's start the level off where you have to slingshot into one fucking spot where a shotgun weilding guy immediately sees you, can block literally everything you can possibly do in your arsenal, and yet can still one or two-shot you with melee attacks from a gun barrel. But your SINGLE ATOM SHARP KATANA can't put a scratch on his ass.

Takes you out of the games universe abruptly. I admit I'm a rage quitter, but this shit is just retarded game design.

Fuck this shit, I'm out.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Finally beat the game, only have one optional boss left
Spoiler:
demon of hatred

Marek

Banned
Jesus the game got way harder once you're actually inside Ashina castle.

The boss at the top of the stairs is currently pwning me.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Slept on it, tried it again. 3 way boss wall.

Ashina Elite
Genichiro
Shit head Shotgun guy

Can't enjoy the rest of the game because I'm stuck behind a fucking 3 way boss wall all within 5 minutes of each other. Now that I think of it it's a 4 way boss wall. Seven Spears is in that list now.

Once again, fuck this shit, I'm out. Games for sale if anyone wants it. $50 shipped, Xbox 1 version.

Last edited:

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist

Bloodborne and Souls games didn't just have completely random designed bullshit levels.

Hey let's have a ninja game where you're all stealthy and the put a section in where nothing but fucking GUN WEILDING ENEMIES CAN SHOOT YOUR ASS FROM 9 MILES AWAY. Also, let's start the level off where you have to slingshot into one fucking spot where a shotgun weilding guy immediately sees you, can block literally everything you can possibly do in your arsenal, and yet can still one or two-shot you with melee attacks from a gun barrel. But your SINGLE ATOM SHARP KATANA can't put a scratch on his ass.

Takes you out of the games universe abruptly. I admit I'm a rage quitter, but this shit is just retarded game design.

Fuck this shit, I'm out.

FromSoft games have always been jank shit. They basically have a monopoly on good art design, though, so people gladly insert ball gags and bend over.

The AI in every FromSoft game is straight out of 1996, their engines are complete dog shit (capped at 60fps on the PC...what a joke) that run way worse than other games relative to the graphics they output.

Having said all that, console games are such gutter trash right now Sekiro still somehow manages to the best thing on the market. And people wonder why we still play Neo Geo games. This industry is made up of a bunch of clowns.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
FromSoft games have always been jank shit. They basically have a monopoly on good art design, though, so people gladly insert ball gags and bend over.

The AI in every FromSoft game is straight out of 1996, their engines are complete dog shit (capped at 60fps on the PC...what a joke) that run way worse than other games relative to the graphics they output.

Having said all that, console games are such gutter trash right now Sekiro still somehow manages to the best thing on the market. And people wonder why we still play Neo Geo games. This industry is made up of a bunch of clowns.

Hows that groundup Metal Slug for the PC remake running at 120 fps coming along chief?

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Idk what's more hilarious the rage quitting, the poor ass excuses, or trying to blame it on game design.

2aQhJtr.jpg

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Idk what's more hilarious the rage quitting, the poor ass excuses, or trying to blame it on game design.

2aQhJtr.jpg

You gotta find something to blame it on when you have no real gaming skills. Some gamers are just better off sticking with Super Mario Bros., and other collectfest games where the hardest thing is running around a god damn maze for 3 hours looking for a single hidden coin you need.

Some people juat ain't cut out for the big boy games.

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
Yeah I'm with you greedo.

The game is hard, at times unfair, but therein lays the challenge and sense of accomplishment.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member

Fuck this shit, I'm out.

git gud

bulbousbeard

You gotta find something to blame it on when you have no real gaming skills. Some gamers are just better off sticking with Super Mario Bros., and other collectfest games where the hardest thing is running around a god damn maze for 3 hours looking for a single hidden coin you need.

Some people juat ain't cut out for the big boy games.

SMB is actually harder than this game. Sekiro is pretty forgiving. You can fuck up a lot and still win.

bulbousbeard

Slept on it, tried it again. 3 way boss wall.

Ashina Elite
Genichiro
Shit head Shotgun guy

Can't enjoy the rest of the game because I'm stuck behind a fucking 3 way boss wall all within 5 minutes of each other. Now that I think of it it's a 4 way boss wall. Seven Spears is in that list now.

Once again, fuck this shit, I'm out. Games for sale if anyone wants it. $50 shipped, Xbox 1 version.

Ashina Elite - just rapidly tap block when he attacks. He goes down in 10 seconds.

Shotgun guy - attack three times, jump back, jump to the side, repeat. He's a joke.

Genichiro - you have to play really aggressively.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
I consider myself a souls veteran but Sekiro is busting my balls. Genichiro, wtf!!??! Insane, but still awesome.
I
Will
Conquer!

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Despite being an oldschool FromSoftware fan (Armored Core series, Tenchu series, Otogi, Ninja Blade etc), I never got into their “soulsborne”-style games because of the awkward combat. Team Ninja’s Nioh finally drew me into the genre with its deep combat and interesting ki-pulse mechanic. When Sekiro was first teased I was really hoping for a succesor to Tenchu Z and not another Souls game.

Although the dna of their Souls games is present, I was not disappointed. I am loving this game and am in the home stretch of the campaign/story. The stealth is a worthy successor to Tenchu and the boss battles remind me of a cross between Ninja Gaiden 2 and Metal Gear Rising (employs a mandatory parry mechanic just like Sekiro).

The camera lock-on is terrible, but the combat mechanics are solid and remind me of what I love about the other aforementioned action games. The difficulty feels fair to me considering the mid-bosses usually demand a careful reexamination of your tools and skillset.

The snake eyes enemy mentioned by hornheadd is a great example. Most unblockables are handled by jumping straight up or by hitting the dash button to counter. Yet, this enemy has an unblockable attack designed to shutdown both those options. A double backdash to dodge the initial grab attack followed by a diagnal foward dash to dodge the followup gunfire and get back in range to deal damage is one of a few ways around this foe.

Great game that rewards patience and perseverance. I hope this franchise continues.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
finished my first playthrough this past Sunday. What a masterpiece. Loved everything about this game (except the camera at times), specially the combat. Currently on NG+ working on a different ending.