Wait a sec. When the fuck did Sega Saturns get so expensive?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Now, I'm not referring to the Hi-Saturn, Navis, the Skeletons, or white Saturns.

Im talking about normal black US model 2 saturns. I just glimpsed eGay and Im seeing em at like 90 bucks?

Are these things rare now?

I've got a US model 2, but I wanted to buy a 2nd to attempt some modding but now Im thinking Ima just bust out Yabause.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Yeah its inflated bullshit.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Shit man, I remember about 1999, the Walmarts where I was living were clearancing out Saturns. New in box for fifteen bucks. I got one, and years later put a chip in and then sold it. I have my brother's, sort of as an heirloom (he died). Its got a chip in it, but Im not gonna mod shit on it unless its a Phoebe/Satiator.

Same thing with Arcade shit. Few years ago you could find a Street Fighter 2 cab for maybe 2 bills. Now, $1500 or more. Fuck man.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
It is indeed a dark time to be a retro enthusiast on a budget. Still so many games to try, so few pennies.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
It is indeed a dark time to be a retro enthusiast on a budget. Still so many games to try, so few pennies.

No it’s a dark time to be a retro game collector on a budget. Gamers have never had it better. Between Phoebe/Rhea/Everdrive etc you can play just about every great game for cheap.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
No it’s a dark time to be a retro game collector on a budget. Gamers have never had it better. Between Phoebe/Rhea/Everdrive etc you can play just about every great game for cheap.

This

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

100%

I'm only sad that I still don't have a Saturn ODE.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member

There are gamers who want to keep playing on OG hardware/software believe it or not.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I thought we were past some of the insanity since most of the 8 and 16 bit stuff has leveled off but I think people have moved to other consoles. It seems at the moment systems have gone up across the board and Playstation 1 & 2 games are going way up.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
There are gamers who want to keep moving chunks of plastic and silicon as part of the "experience" to sate their autism even though a flash cart in a real system is literally the same thing believe it or not.

Fixed.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,

giphy.gif