Love Death + Robots (Netflix) Animated Short Series

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I only watched the one about the yogurt so far since I heard good things about the animation about it. That episode was only about 6 minutes long, but it was very entertaining.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Looks promising.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You know what's a great anthology movie? Memories. Each segment is solid.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Watched a few of these shorts and was entertained for sure. Everything about it reeks Black Mirror for teens, not in terms of near future science fiction, but how it carries itself and the production.
I'm not big on the comedy aspect of any of it, it doesn't work. What does are the nice little twists and sidesteps

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've watched the whole season over the last few days. The quality varies a bit naturally, but I was entertained. Probably the best one was the second episode, watching postapocalyptic robots try to figure out the housecat was great. The yogurt one was great too.

Otherwise, I loved the varied animation styles, but a lot of it watches like an art student's project. The stories themselves are nothing special while the animation is great, like some art students were going "hey, Netflix is giving us money to do whatever we want, and they said we could put boobs and dicks and say "fuck" every other word." "Fuck, this is gonna be awesome!"

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I've watched the whole season over the last few days. The quality varies a bit naturally, but I was entertained. Probably the best one was the second episode, watching postapocalyptic robots try to figure out the housecat was great. The yogurt one was great too.

Otherwise, I loved the varied animation styles, but a lot of it watches like an art student's project. The stories themselves are nothing special while the animation is great, like some art students were going "hey, Netflix is giving us money to do whatever we want, and they said we could put boobs and dicks and say "fuck" every other word." "Fuck, this is gonna be awesome!"

I agree.
An outlet for this type of thing on Netflix is a nice idea. Would/will be cool when they develop their own version of Adult Swim. And I get the vibe that we are on the brink of some major attempts at sitcoms. But that's another story and it's just a inkling

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Just getting into this now and very much enjoying it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Which is the best one to yank it to?

bob-che.jpg

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Most of these are really solid but the standouts for me were Sonnie's Edge, Beyond the Aquila Rift, Good Hunting, The Secret War, Shape-Shifters, and Lucky 13.

Stuff like Fish Night could have been better but the writing let it down. Don't completely layout your premise and then make it happen; it's fine to talk about the desert being a sea millions of years ago but don't bring up "why don't the ghosts of ancient fish haunt the desert" till you see weird flying fish in front of your car.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You know what's a great anthology movie? Memories. Each segment is solid.
Stefan, it's fucking bizarre, and perhaps fate, that you liked this post that I made Two years ago just now, because just Two days ago I watched it again. Serendipity, brother.