Halo: Master Chief Collection with Reach Coming to Steam and Windows 10

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Oh hell yeah. Reach finally coming back y'all.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
This is nice for those who refuse to play games on anything that isn't a PC.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Halo on a PC. That's something to get exciting about.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
One less reason to keep my Xbox One around. Pretty soon it’ll be only be useful to me as a 4K Blu-Ray player.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
This is nice for those who refuse to play games on anything that isn't a PC.
I refuse to play games on anything that isn't optimal, which is frankly why I joined this forum in the first place. I wasn't settling for Fatal Fury on Genesis.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Fatal Fury 2 on Genesis is pretty rad. Just sayin'

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I tried to pick something playable to make it a reasonable comparison. If I'd have picked Game Boy Mortal Kombat...

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I refuse to play games on anything that isn't optimal, which is frankly why I joined this forum in the first place. I wasn't settling for Fatal Fury on Genesis.

The XboneX is the most optimal console available right now.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
The XboneX is the most optimal console available right now.
Console but not platform. The X is about as powerful as the gaming PC I replaced last year. It also doesn't have flexibility in controllers, custom resolutions, mods (in 99% of cases), etc. And, yes, you can play a PC from your couch. Preference is one thing; ignorance is another.

Last edited:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Console but not platform. The X is about as powerful as the gaming PC I replaced last year. It also doesn't have flexibility in controllers, custom resolutions, mods (in 99% of cases), etc. And, yes, you can play a PC from your couch.

There are a tens of millions people in the world who either genuinely do not care for any of the features you listed, or don't care enough about them to invest money/effort into a gaming PC. This is one of the main reasons why Microsoft will continue to offer a console even though they're releasing all of their games on PC now.

Preference is one thing; ignorance is another.

This seems like a very unwise thing for a Trump supporter to say. :p

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Console but not platform. The X is about as powerful as the gaming PC I replaced last year. It also doesn't have flexibility in controllers, custom resolutions, mods (in 99% of cases), etc. And, yes, you can play a PC from your couch. Preference is one thing; ignorance is another.

I still buy new games on either Switch or Xbone and use my PC mostly for playing PS3 era games at a smooth 1080p. I'm probably doing it wrong.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
They almost certainly will, because you login with Live, even on Steam.

I can't wait to hear the screams of agony.

Have you ever played Halo 2 on a PC vs console players? They hated it.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I can't wait to hear the screams of agony.

Have you ever played Halo 2 on a PC vs console players? They hated it.

Crossplay is going to be limited to those who go out of their way to party up with friends on another system. PC and console players aren't going to be thrown into the same player pool by default. This is how pretty much every game with console/PC crossplay multiplayer works these days.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
There are a tens of millions people in the world who either genuinely do not care for any of the features you listed, or don't care enough about them to invest money/effort into a gaming PC. This is one of the main reasons why Microsoft will continue to offer a console even though they're releasing all of their games on PC now.
Thank goodness. I need someone to mow my grass, drive my daughter's school bus, and cook and serve me food.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
1, Join neo-geo.com
2. Brag about gaming PC
:spock:

Side note: who wants to bet they got rid of split-screen?

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Thank goodness. I need someone to mow my grass, drive my daughter's school bus, and cook and serve me food.

I hope you're not trying to imply that it all comes down to money, because that would be a rather ignorant way to think.

1, Join neo-geo.com
2. Brag about gaming PC
:spock:

Side note: who wants to bet they got rid of split-screen?

I think they'll keep it in. 343i has put a lot of effort in to getting split screen (among many other features) to work properly post-launch.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Some of my most fond gaming moments are playing Halo 2 Big Team Battle with Stinky Dinkens, KPJ, and SNKJorge back in the day. Hopefully this port has a lot of Halo 2 traffic, cause the Master Chief collection was basically dead. Probably because SuckBox1 is horrid though.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Halo 2 was a way of life back in the day. So many fond memories...

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I hope you're not trying to imply that it all comes down to money, because that would be a rather ignorant way to think.
Nope. Only a willingness to settle.

1, Join neo-geo.com
2. Brag about gaming PC
The PC would be the Neo Geo of 2019, if the Neo Geo also got the best version of essentially all the Genesis, SNES, and Turbo games. I’m actually surprised there isn’t more overlap in their players of the right age.

Last edited:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Nope. Only a willingness to settle.

Settling also has nothing to do with it. Not everyone is going to have the same preferences or priorities, so what constitutes an "optimal" system is ultimately subjective. Take the Switch for example, it's the weakest of all the contemporary gaming systems, yet it's extremely popular partly because it offers features that a lot of people desire (portability and hassle-free local multiplayer).