New Peter Weller Robocop?!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran

Holy crap! Now there is like 3 different Robocop KFC commercials starring Peter Weller! Could this be a sign we're about to get a new real Robocop movie???!!!

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
"Dead or alive, you're coming with me...to KFC!!!" :tickled:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
clickbait-ey title, no this is just a commercial. peter only did the voice, as he is 71 years old.

speaking of KFC, these advertisements of actors playing the colonel started about 4 years ago, right? very surprised they've stayed with this line of advertising for so long.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Every Robocop after the first one were terrible, why would anyone want another one?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
They are making a new Robocop, to be directed by Neill Blomkamp. He could turn this around.

The original is one of my favourite movies ever, but Verhoeven was making classics back then; Robocop, Total Recall, Starship Troopers, Basic Instinct and of course, Showgirls.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member

The reference to him freaking out in the chair during the dream is great.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
They are making a new Robocop, to be directed by Neill Blomkamp. He could turn this around.

The original is one of my favourite movies ever, but Verhoeven was making classics back then; Robocop, Total Recall, Starship Troopers, Basic Instinct and of course, Showgirls.

You mean the guy who's made only one movie that wasn't complete crap? and even that one was basically just "What if Apartheid but aliens instead of black people"? He'd probably try to turn the thing into some kind of bizzarro wrong headed message movie about police brutality, with the original's satirical take on corporatism, consumerism and law enforcement going completely over his head

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You mean the guy who's made only one movie that wasn't complete crap? and even that one was basically just "What if Apartheid but aliens instead of black people"? He'd probably try to turn the thing into some kind of bizzarro wrong headed message movie about police brutality, with the original's satirical take on corporatism, consumerism and law enforcement going completely over his head

Man, ten years ago when District 9 came out, I remember everyone thought he was going to be the next big director. What a disappointment he turned out to be.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

Yeah, that guy.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Has KFC reinvented itself a la McD's moving away from the Ronald McDonald characters?

I remember going to KFC as a kid and thinking how dirty the place felt.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Has KFC reinvented itself a la McD's moving away from the Ronald McDonald characters?

I remember going to KFC as a kid and thinking how dirty the place felt.
I think the opposite as they seem to rely more on the Colonel Sanders spokesman these days and the several KFC's around my neck of the woods have been remodeled and a couple torn down and rebuilt into nicer stores.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I think the opposite as they seem to rely more on the Colonel Sanders spokesman these days and the several KFC's around my neck of the woods have been remodeled and a couple torn down and rebuilt into nicer stores.

My post was worded poorly but yeah that's what I meant, getting remodeled and all that.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
My post was worded poorly but yeah that's what I meant, getting remodeled and all that.

Gotcha. BTW the reason a couple of the older KFC stores were razed because they had so many health violations that it was actually more cost effective to tear them down and rebuild than to fix the violations with extensive remodeling.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I wish Peter Wellers history show was still on. It was pretty dope.

Also Robocop 2 is as underrated as Predator 2.

Also this: