Weekly roundup 3-10-19

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Just Dragon Quest VIII this week on 3DS.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
PS1
Legend of Dragoon - finally got to disc 3.

GBA
Mother 3 - Chapter 3, figuring a pig tank as a monkey named Salsa and it sucks

MVS
Strikers 1945 Plus for the SOTM

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Nintendo 2DS
- Crush 3D
35/40 levels beat perfectly in the main game (no FAQs or hints either, figured them all out myself); 6/40 trophy levels beat. Usually, I'm a completist, but, I think I'll call this one good with just the main game at 100%, as the trophy levels are all trial-and-error speed runs which aren't much fun to do. In my opinion, this game works best when you can take as much time as you want to puzzle your way through the environments instead of having to rush with little margin for error.
- Nintendo Badge Arcade
1,415 badges. I wish that other 3rd-party companies, besides Capcom (and only Mega Man at that), contributed to this game--I'd love to see some Konami characters!
- Pokemon Picross
~37 Pokemon caught. Lack of in-game money really slows things down, as you can't access new areas and puzzles without enough $$$, and it takes quite a while to accumulate enough with just the daily challenges (*cough*Nintendo-wants-you-to-spend-real-money*cough*).
- Pokemon Rumble World
71st rank with 636 Pokemon caught. Can't catch anything else, without a new balloon (unless you get really lucky and a visiting Mii provides temporary 1-day access to an environment you haven't unlocked yet), so, I'm saving up for the $160 one (pretty close too, with $122 banked as of this morning--I could buy the $120 one, but I'm working my way backwards, from most expensive-to-least, these days).
- Pokemon Shuffle
20th rank, 328 stages cleared, 573 Pokemon caught. I just couldn't beat Mega Rayquaza without using a jewel to get fully powered-up, which made the battle ridiculously easy, but, it had to be done, or I'd still be stuck there.
- Swapdoodle

Gameboy
- Mario's Picross
Playing Pokemon Picross got me to give this game, which I probably hadn't touched in years, another try. Buttons and a control pad aren't as user-friendly as a touchscreen and a stylus, but, Picross is still Picross. Pokemon is more fun though.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Tetris 99 (Switch)

Clash Royale (phone)

Goldeneye (N64)

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4: A bit of DS3
OSX: A rather promising ADOM character bought the farm on Sunday, fucking Stone Jelly

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Fighting EX Layer.

Comp is thin;

Wanna play?
My PSN handle is:

chow_yun_skinny

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
How are liking it? I need to give it a go, I loved crushing people online in Tetris DS

It's fantastic. So many people on, you get matches within seconds. It tracks your stats too, down to how many seconds you've "dropped" pieces. Each type of T-spin is tracked. If you haven't seen videos of it, there is a secondary "targeting" feature, where you can see the other 99 players boards (on a very small scale) and choose who you want to send garbage too. When you send garbage and eliminate them you get a "kill". (maybe this was all done on Tetris DS, but I didn't play that, so don't know how much of this is new.)