Konami 50th Anniversary Collection

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I really hope this proves to be an opportunity for a lot of konami arcade exclusive titles to finally see release on console. Violent Storm, Mystic Warriors, etc would be awesome:

Australian Classification has rated a title called “50th Anniversary Collection: Arcade Classics” from Konami.

Konami—which owns properties such as Metal Gear, Contra, Silent Hill, Frogger, Suikoden, and more—will celebrate its 50th anniversary on March 21.

https://gematsu.com/2019/02/konami-50th-anniversary-collection-arcade-classics-rated-in-australia

Last edited:

Gog

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Just a shame there’s so many great games that almost definitely won’t make on there due to licensing issues.

I’d love to see both Turtles games, The Simpsons, X-Men and especially Aliens, but that seems about as likely as there being anyone sober at a free bar.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I know someone at the OFLC, I’ll see what I can dig up.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Just a shame there’s so many great games that almost definitely won’t make on there due to licensing issues.

I’d love to see both Turtles games, The Simpsons, X-Men and especially Aliens, but that seems about as likely as there being anyone sober at a free bar.
This. I'd love to see their licensed stuff as it brings back a ton of memories

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I don't see any arcade games mention in the article.Such as sunset riders,gryus,metamorphic force,vendetta,mystic warriors etc.I guess konami forgets they had games for the arcade :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'm apprehensive about it, considering their efforts lately.. who knows.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
So many incredible games to choose from, I hope they do the fans a solid!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Konami—which owns properties such as Metal Gear, Contra, Silent Hill, Frogger, Suikoden, and more—will celebrate its 50th anniversary on March 21

The bigger the range of possible titles, the more underwhelming the actual selection becomes at the end. Fingers crossed, though.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
The bigger the range of possible titles, the more underwhelming the actual selection becomes at the end. Fingers crossed, though.

So true, my friend. I’m still glad to hear that Konami is possibly making the attempt though. It’ll probably be underwhelming but the possibility of getting some lost arcade titles has me more interested than anything konami has done in recent years. Time will tell.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
This may be wishful thinking, but I'm interpreting "50th Anniversary Collection: Arcade Classics" as the first of potentially several "50th Anniversary Collection: <Insert Theme Here>" releases.

Leback

Stakes Winner
So many great games to choose from, but yeah licensing could be a problem. One game per anniversary year would be great, but maybe a little too much to ask.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I don't see any arcade games mention in the article.Such as sunset riders,gryus,metamorphic force,vendetta,mystic warriors etc.I guess konami forgets they had games for the arcade :rolleyes:

I think that has more to do with the author of the article probably being too young to know any of those games.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I think that has more to do with the author of the article probably being too young to know any of those games.
Which has me concern if it does end up being a arcade compilation.I wouldn't be surprise if it just the likes of contra,super contra or gradius etc.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Which has me concern if it does end up being a arcade compilation.I wouldn't be surprise if it just the likes of contra,super contra or gradius etc.

That etc will be pretty big if there’s 50 games. There’s only four arcade Gradius’ and couple Contras. 50 arcade titles will dip heavily into some really good games.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
That etc will be pretty big if there’s 50 games. There’s only four arcade Gradius’ and couple Contras. 50 arcade titles will dip heavily into some really good games.

50th anniversary doesn't mean 50 games.

8bitForLife

Crazed MVS Addict
Was haunted castle released by konami. The license problems with most of their 4 player games will probably make it never happen.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Ports of licensed games are usually available for a limited time (agreed upon between the game company and the license holder). I don't think they would jeopardize the availability of the entire collection over few licensed releases (it would cost them more if they want to re-release it without the licensed games later)

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I can barely imagine how expensive that PCB would be if it were of Rondo quality.