The Official Neo Geo Cookery exchange thread

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Hello boys and girls!

There have been a lot of threads about reflection, pain, regret and growing up lately.

As part of the forums rehabilitation process, I thought it might be lovely if we share our favourite recipes?

No alternate agenda in this thread, just good old fashioned fun - like your mum enjoys.

Here’s my first recommendation, doria from Japan. Apparently it’s an adaptation of lasagna, but in Japan they make it with seafood and rice. It’s really tasty, I’ve made it a few times.

I personally prefer cooking with a cat beside me, and using dashi instead of chicken stock cubes, but the rest of the method I follow more or less. With lots of cheese on top.

Enjoy!

C7572C81-7284-40FF-B83F-898AD832AA9E.jpeg

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
You spelt cockery wrong.

Anyway, I've been making Nachos Rancheros Del Ghetto:
-One can of black beans
-One or two brown fried eggs with runny yolks (fry in olive oil and add four dashes of Tabasco and some salt to each)
-Several scoops of store-brand salsa
-A decent amount of chopped green peppers and onions (about a handful)
-Drop it all on flatbread or something
-Add shredded Mexican cheese and sour cream

I'm going to try to make chickpea salad soon:
-chickpeas
-feta
-chopped cucumbers
-chopped red pepper
-chopped parsley
-balsamic

J-P

NEST Puppet

Ach naithin' else fair it pal, but tae avoid yon' brexit debackle fit like we'll heed tae the kitchen - grab yer tatties.

I'm a fair fan o' the auld rumbledethumps wi a haggis and a nice wee brandy.

Also - tattie scones, essential scran.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member

Cool, I had a quick look at both threads but I didn’t see you sharing any recipes in either of them... maybe I missed something?

You did say you loved onions, which is great. But it’s more an ingredient, than a complete recipe. You also posted some photos of your dinner, which is nice too. So in the name of building bridges for new mature Neo geo 2019 then yes - onions are tasty and dinner time is great. Good job!

Teasing aside, you clearly known how to cook. Fancy sharing some wisdom with the group? What’s your sauce for that yummy Korean ribs dish you made?

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
My Ramen

Take 2 packs chicken Flavor toss away 1/2 noodles of one add 2 stirred eggs at around 1.5 mns stir them in drain add milk for broth and both season packets, if you need some veg or are rich u can add celery chopped small at what point you want for tenderness. Around 7 1/8th.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Cool, I had a quick look at both threads but I didn’t see you sharing any recipes in either of them... maybe I missed something?

It's very plain to see why this is.

He steals pictures off of pinterest.com

Last edited: