Nintendo Switch Neo Geo ports

garyhe

n00b
I see there are quite a few Nintendo switch neo geo games in their online store. If I buy a fighting stick, how close are these NS emulated games to the original games running on Neo Geo console? (AES or MVS)

Thanks.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I played MOTW on a friends switch recently and that was with a joycon which nearly gave me arthritis but I still had fun. That said you'd be better off playing on a PC with a joystick if you want it to be closer to the original.

p.s. what is it with you people? vying for emulated games to be exactly like the original? did you know it's practically unnoticeable? where is the difference? if you want the original then buy it.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
How many times do I have to say it? The input and output devices matter more than whether something's emulated or not.

The crappy LCDs in the Switch are locked at 60hz, have poor response times, and of course playing real video games on them is going to blow. No real video game is ever going to feel right on a Switch. Even NEW games blow on the Switch. The input lag in Hollow Knight on the Switch compared to a real PC set up is well documented. Shitty Nintendo games are so slow and braindead they don't even require good response times. Going back to Super Mario World, Mario games have had like 4 frames of input lag even on real hardware on a CRT. Nintendo sucks.

You already covered how bad the shitty gamepads are.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
How many times do I have to say it? The input and output devices matter more than whether something's emulated or not.

The crappy LCDs in the Switch are locked at 60hz, have poor response times, and of course playing real video games on them is going to blow. No real video game is ever going to feel right on a Switch. Even NEW games blow on the Switch. The input lag in Hollow Knight on the Switch compared to a real PC set up is well documented. Shitty Nintendo games are so slow and braindead they don't even require good response times. Going back to Super Mario World, Mario games have had like 4 frames of input lag even on real hardware on a CRT. Nintendo sucks.

You already covered how bad the shitty gamepads are.

You don't "have" to say it any times because nobody gives a shit what you think, iconic camel boy.

i have a fight stick with a brooks UFB and there is some noticeable lag when i play some fighting games on the switch...i dont know if the official hori fightstick for the switch has better response times...