Atlus official survey! 2/21/19

saner

Krauser's Henchman
https://atlus.com/survey/
in the parts where typing is allowed, I also told them the importance of designing their Shin Megami Tensei and Persona games for the female demographics as well.
just as most males prefer playing as male protagonist, most females prefer playing as female protagonist.
with the survey options, I made it clear they won't get money from me (and others who feel the same way)
if they continue exclusively pandering to the male demographic and limiting their games to only male protagonist.
Superior publishers and developers like Pokemon (since Crystal) and Fire Emblem (since Fates) tell the stories they wanna tell and games they wanna make,
while still caring about girl gamers and caring to provide option to play as a female protagonist instead (which noticably increased their fans and profits).
of course not expecting much from Atlus, they have a history of sexism, misogyny and corrupt views of how they perceive the female sex, especially with how
they limit the majority of their Persona and Shin Megami Tensei games to only male protagonist, when including female protagonist would make it much better
and more inviting to more customers. It does not need to be a MMO nor fighting game to have option to be female, especially when they use the
blank slate mute protagonist formula for their lead character, they should be able to be anything, including female.

So people can defend them as much as they want, the bottom line is, if their game doesn't have option to be a girl as the protagonist of the story and game,
then they won't even get any interest nor money from people like me, and what self respecting publisher/developer would say no to more money?
Its not that they can't provide female protagonist option to play as, is that for the majority of their games, they CHOSE not to include that option.
Thinking they can't include that option, they're forgetting they developed Shin Megami Tensei if..., Shin Megami Tensei NINE, and Persona 3 Portable, and those games had
lower budgets than the amount of spending they are doing now. And they still dont provide female protagonist in their most ambitious and most funded games? Bullshit.
Pokemon and Fire Emblem Three Houses devs make Atlus look completely sexist and enemies of the female sex.
They only see females as pets and prostitutes, especially with how much they market their female characters, yet none of them are the actual protagonist. Sexist pigs.

Though they still have the opportunity to prove that statement wrong, by include option to be female in Shin Megami Tensei V, and if Persona 5R is a new edition of the RPG, include a female protagonist version of the story and game. P5 is already complete, they can easily mod the game and plot to make it female protagonist compatible.

Like a fair and considerate publisher/developer would think SMT and Persona has too many male protagonists, and would at least prioritize female protagonist every other game, but they don't even do that. Meanwhile Pokemon core series has been consistently providing male and female protagonist for their games since Crystal. and Fire Emblem Three Houses cared to design the story and game around both male and female versions of protagonist. Shin Megami Tensei and Persona devs should follow that example, if they truly respect both sexes equally and want more profits. Dont worry about respect. As a business they are harming themselves limiting their demographic to one sex.

And its a mistake for Atlus to assume most girls are ok with a male protagonist, because if they think most girls play games like Persona to stare at a guy's ass, then they imply that male protagonist is primarily for male homosexuals, since males are their primary demographic. And with Atlus's reputation of promoting Mara SO much, they sure are giving themselves the reputation of behaving like sexist homosexual misogynists.

oh well. if they insist to only glorify males in lead protagonist role and give the finger to people that prefer playing as a female protagonist, that's Atlus's loss and that is Atlus's self betrayal as a business that exists to make as much money as possible.

We'll preorder and purchases games that actually care about girl gamers and respect the female sex enough to provide option to play as female protagonist,
like the upcoming Fire Emblem Three Houses, modern Pokemon games, the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077, The Elder Scrolls VI, and others.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
What. The. Fuck.

Do you really think Atlus gives a fuck about western snowflakes and their culture?

You are a prime example of what is wrong with this generation.

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
How much longer until saner gets banned? He's becoming increasingly more annoying. It's like there is an intelligence tug of war going on between him and joe8. Joe is getting more coherent, where as saner is devolving... Even further. The fuck is going on around here?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I’m not reading that badly paragraphed novella.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Hey Saner, it can be rewarding to write down your thoughts. But this is a forum, not your blog. You can start a free blog at Blogspot, Wordpress, or tumblr.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

0a1.jpg

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
why would most males want to play as a male protagonist? sounds pretty gay to me.

(i dont personally mind staring at a polygonal man-butt though ;) )

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Everything after the original post makes this thread great.

edit: I did take the survey, since Sega/Atlus is probably my favorite Japanese publisher of all-time.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...they won't even get any interest nor money from people like me, and what self respecting publisher/developer would say no to more money?

So, people will stop behaving like 'sexist homosexual misogynists', if you'd only... pay them? One can clearly tell, you didn't get paid in a long time.

Gog

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Saner is hilarious and I hope he never stops posting.