MVS - Board Connections

poggeldi

n00b
Hi @ all!
I'm planning to consolize an MV-1B Board and eventually I'd like to lay the "Cartridge-Slot PCB" behind the actual motherboard. Some chinese guys already did that (see foto attached)
Can someone tell me how this connection between these 2 boards is realised?
I can't really identify it in the picture... Is there a special cable/plug available for these sockets?

Attachments

• mvs_board_connection.jpg
    mvs_board_connection.jpg
    530 KB · Views: 71

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Are you just trying to work with what you have? Getting a MV1C board that is already a top loader may be an easier route for you if you want that profile. I think they are around $50 usd depending on the source.

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Pretty cool mods there, mind sharing the link? I like the dip adapter for the BIOS and the cool looking video out board.
Making a right angle connector for that daughter board is not going to be fun or necessarily easy. You have to have a nice desolder pump to remove the mass of pins and then likely source a matching connector. It's really not worth the trouble, you're better off getting a 1C

adeneo

n00b
Those do look like little PCB boards, and the connector on the side that has the pin connector does accept a card edge, so sounds reasonable.

If you're willing to put some effort in it, they do look really simple to make, but probably not so simple to attach to the main board?

You would take some measurements, figure out the card connector pitch etc. and then draw them in something like Eagle.
It would probably take you a few hours if you've never done it before, but it's fully doable.
Once you have them drawed up, you can have them manufactured by someone like OSHPark for a few bucks.

It's probably easier and cheaper to just buy a 1C ?