Best version of Street Fighter 2?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Oklahoma's best ST player, noob

oh yeah i remember now, yes we played each other already. At the time though, i was a pro street fighter player so kind of not fair...I had just got done destroying a couple of the neo members here. I was at my prime. He definitely had skills and im glad he wasn't scared to play me unlike a few people back then. Im retired now though, even joe8 can probably beat me.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The PCE version. I just love the PCE in general and I love that conversion.

Oh, I still do believe in the CE, old man. I believe in CE and PCE and all that conversion. But the dead ports are happier dead. They don't miss much here, poor HuCard devils.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
As was made clear by the thread title.

There's a legitimate conversation to be had for HF vs. ST as some folks don't like the CPS2 sprites/voices and think HF is better balanced. But CE? lol no. It can be someone's favorite... but it's not "the best" by any measure (success, longevity, competitive interest, popularity, etc.). That's just some ignorant nostalgia "madman loving the n64" shit.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
There's a legitimate conversation to be had for HF vs. ST as some folks don't like the CPS2 sprites/voices and think HF is better balanced. But CE? lol no. It can be someone's favorite... but it's not "the best" by any measure (success, longevity, competitive interest, popularity, etc.). That's just some ignorant nostalgia "madman loving the n64" shit.

I can concede that Turbo's better balanced, but the speed is definitely a matter of taste and you're discounting its impact. I really didn't like the increased speed. It's pretty much game ruining for me. It's one of the reasons I like Samurai Shodown 2. It's a slow ass game too.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Sf2ce-dict-dj-pc-a3.png

Mustapha would be proud.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Ive always been partial to Hyper Fighting. I guess to clarify, specifically the revision that came after CE. I know it was named like Dash and Turbo and whatever. But for me, SF2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting with the Ryu in the light blue gi was my favorite. I could never get into SuperTurbo because Im not a competitive player, and playing against the computer was too hard for me. Also I hated how beginning with Super SF2, Ken had that gay fireball and he'd say "Gilken!" instead of hadoken. But that's me.

#playsrainboweditionexclusively

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Is this the same dipshit that was obsessed with GnG and the feet behind the grass? I can't keep track of all these foam faces.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
You have no idea what you're talking about.
There is some subjectivity here, I'm not going to say that the ranking of SF characters is an exact science.

Im retired now though, even joe8 can probably beat me.
I'm quite good at playing the SF games. I wouldn't think I'm up there with people who play it seriously at tournaments. I've beaten Shin Akuma, playing as weak Akuma, in Street Fighter Alpha 2, for example.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Is this the same dipshit that was obsessed with GnG and the feet behind the grass? I can't keep track of all these foam faces.

AirRaid, whom I have heard on good authority died by autoeroticasphyxiation while watching the Chun Li shower scene in the animated film

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
AirRaid, whom I have heard on good authority died by autoeroticasphyxiation while watching the Chun Li shower scene in the animated film
Are you sure? I thought AirRaid was a different nut.

edit: yeah, I just checked. the grass guy was a fella by name of heartofgamer.
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?145995-Arcade-perfect-port-of-Ghouls-n-Ghost

Unless heartofgamer and AirRaid were the same guy, or both are neobuyer, which is always possible here.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
ACKSHULLY yeah they were the same guy. heartofgamer was his first account, then he made the infamous feet behind the grass post here:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...vs-the-CPS-Arcade-Original-(AirRaid-s-thread)

unfortunately he was merged with RAINBOW PONY and nearly all his posts were ghosted. All of his posts gone to fire, only few of which were saved by quotes. So much knowledge lost forever much like the library of Alexandria.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
ACKSHULLY yeah they were the same guy. heartofgamer was his first account, then he made the infamous feet behind the grass post here:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...vs-the-CPS-Arcade-Original-(AirRaid-s-thread)

unfortunately he was merged with RAINBOW PONY and nearly all his posts were ghosted. All of his posts gone to fire, only few of which were saved by quotes. So much knowledge lost forever much like the library of Constantinople.

I think all the people getting worked up in that thread is just as entertaining as AirRaid.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The best Street Fighter II game is Breakers, duh.

everytime you post this, I'm going to post the same reply.

Breakers represents the post-alpha era of SF.

Comparing breakers to the SF II series is to deny what makes the game so wild and exciting.

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I’ll agree with WW as my favorite, too. The original I always come back to, plus its impact was just so huge tomthe fighting game arena.