Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Super fucking Turbo...

Only complaint is the goofy ass voices.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Probably Super Turbo, but I spent the most time with Special Champion Edition on Genesis because that's what we had growing up.

Godfather

n00b
Hyperfighting is the best. Champion edition is up there but it's too slow. The speed of the game play in HF only adds to the playability of the street fighter franchise.

Arcade was the only form to play it on! Haaaadouuuken

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
SF2 Turbo on SNES is still my favorite, as that was the first home version of SFII I ever owned and played the most. So, best to me for nostalgia reasons if nothing else.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm weird in that I enjoy playing the original SF2 the most. Part of it is just plan old retro feels, and the other part is I just really enjoy it's quirks and issues. Same reason I like playing FF1 or AOF1.

Beyond that, I enjoy CE the second most. Fixes a lot of the issue, but keeps the flow of the older game. Sure, it plays like mud, but sometimes I really enjoy a slower fighting game experience that doesn't require lightning quick responses.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Genesis/Mega drive Champion edition hands down.
Why do so many people seem to like the Genesis version of SF2?
I always preferred the SNES version of CE/Turbo, as the sound was much better. But the Genesis is a little closer to the arcade, in terms of the actual gameplay. And it's the only home conversion (before the 32-bit era) that actually has the real arcade intro.

Beyond that, I enjoy CE the second most. Fixes a lot of the issue, but keeps the flow of the older game. Sure, it plays like mud, but sometimes I really enjoy a slower fighting game experience that doesn't require lightning quick responses.
CE was faster than World Warrior, but slow if you were used to Turbo. But Turbo is too fast, you just about have to predict the opponent's moves, instead of just react to them. SF2 was originally supposed to be a game where you had time to react. There was that strategy element to it.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The Genesis soundtrack is much, much closer to the arcade than the SNES version.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
PCE version, or I riot.

Throw the controller, Genesis, and TV right across the room.

SNES = Slow Nintendo Entertainment System...weak ass, buster ass 3.14mHz processor. Fuck that.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Whenever someone tells me they played Genny SFII with the 3-button pad I immediately think they are less than human.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
The Genesis soundtrack is much, much closer to the arcade than the SNES version.
Yes, but the voice samples weren't very good, which kind of ruined it. I think there were other Genesis games that had clear-sounding voice samples, so I can't see why SF2CE couldn't have had good voices.

Probably Super Turbo, but I spent the most time with Special Champion Edition on Genesis because that's what we had growing up.
Guile is weak in Super Turbo, that's why I don't like it. But I like playing as Akuma, if I can manage to get the code (to play as him) to work.
The vulnerable dragon punches in SSF2T are an improvement in terms of character balance, but it makes it less fun to play as Ryu & Ken, and it also takes some getting used to. The unplayable Shin Akuma still has an invincible dragon.

Last edited:

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
2 button pce or nothin scrotesage
Wasn't there a six button controller released for the PC Engine (in Japan, at least) for SF2CE? I don't how you'd play it with 2 buttons.

Last edited: