MVS weird issue

Friedgoat

n00b
Hi all,

I believe I have a MV1A, and yesterday whilst i was in game i had a strange flicker into garbled green graphics. Eventually this has become a permanent thing, I cant get the MVS to load, its just a clicking sound with garbled purple and green blocks and stuff.

So I gave the board an inspection, (this thing has been completely messed up by it's previous owner, with repairs and other stuff all over the board, some look particularly dodgy, however it doesnt seem to be those.

Anyway, whilst messing with the board with it plugged in, I managed to get it to boot, by pushing down on the board from the top (jamma slot facing upwards), I then applied some very strong tape around the board to the plastic cover so that it is constantly applying force from the top. (not an ideal permanent solution), Any idea what the heck this could be so that I can permanently rectify instead of using tape?

Last edited:

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Have tried cleaning the slot pins, as well as trying different carts?

Friedgoat

n00b
Have tried cleaning the slot pins, as well as trying different carts?

Yeah, it doesn't matter if there is a cart in there or not. without pressure on the top of the board it wont boot and just click with garbled green and purple.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Possible connection issues between the slot board and the main pcb?

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Reflow the solder on the cartridge slot pins and key points as standard troubleshooting. Sometimes you may get lucky and it will be a simple fix.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Hi all,

I believe I have a MV1A, and yesterday whilst i was in game i had a strange flicker into garbled green graphics. Eventually this has become a permanent thing, I cant get the MVS to load, its just a clicking sound with garbled purple and green blocks and stuff.

So I gave the board an inspection, (this thing has been completely messed up by it's previous owner, with repairs and other stuff all over the board, some look particularly dodgy, however it doesnt seem to be those.

Anyway, whilst messing with the board with it plugged in, I managed to get it to boot, by pushing down on the board from the top (jamma slot facing upwards), I then applied some very strong tape around the board to the plastic cover so that it is constantly applying force from the top. (not an ideal permanent solution), Any idea what the heck this could be so that I can permanently rectify instead of using tape?

Sounds like a bad connection somewhere! You need to inspect the board closely - around the chips looking for bad connections.