RB2 underrted?

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Finally picked it up and I honestly can say having never played it that I find it to be the sweet spot of the real bout series. The game is just fantastic. The arranged ost on the cd version is to good also.

What exactly does everyone hate about the this game other than its the least technical and seems to have very simple combing.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
GET
IN
THE
RING!

Wtf are you talking about? No one hates this game. Rick S. all day.

Wooooooooooooooh!!

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I just hear no love for it and only love for special and mark.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
RB2 is a perfectly fine game. It's just I find RBS and RBFF more fun. I think it just gets overshadowed a bit.

Last edited:

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
I like RB2. The music in Special seems to be a little more the style I like, but besides of the metal riffs everything is better in RB2

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Honestly RBFF2 never stuck out to me like its predecessors did. I also dislike the CGI intro and some of the character designs.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
not underrated.
it's always been a good game.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Yeah, less played is not the same as underrated. Most players rate it high. So, why is it less played? Well, it's a transitional title between a revised Fatal Fury engine and MotW. The latter was the most reactionary game in the series, a design trait, which ironically made it feel very contemporary. Anyway, it could be that RB2 doesn't fully apply to either FF fans, nor MotW converts, because of its bastard nature, being neither fish nor fowl.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Yeah, less played is not the same as underrated. Most players rate it high. So, why is it less played? Well, it's a transitional title between a revised Fatal Fury engine and MotW. The latter was the most reactionary game in the series, a design trait, which ironically made it feel very contemporary. Anyway, it could be that RB2 doesn't fully apply to either FF fans, nor MotW converts, because of its bastard nature, being neither fish nor fowl.

RB2 is my favorite in the series, but I feel this statement from OC is spot on.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
The game is a shiny turd once you start learning the combos you realize that RBS is so much better. I mean it looks good but that's about it. Play mechanics are good but once you put in 30-40 hours it gets old RBS doesn't imo.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
RB2 is my favorite in the series, but I feel this statement from OC is spot on.

Thank you for your confirmation, my friend. We both know too well, SNK blessed their platform with just too many good games. Trying to honor them properly would take the carefree lifetime of a teenager, plus the knowledge of a seasoned pro, so: no can do.

The other thing is that most people use terms like "underrated", "most under appreciated", "guilty pleasure", "hidden gem" or "best" because they're comfortable simplified expressions, which save a poster further comments. Unfortunately, they often miss the essence. Anyway, I never heard of "unplayed", although it's one of the most common issues good, even great games have to face nowadays, classic or modern ones. The sheer number of excellent software is one reason, but a general joy of discovery is absent, too.

We rather play through a well-known game for the n-th time, than give a new one a chance. Because it's comfortable, because time is money and money stays on the shelf or on the flashcard. The search for new titles we currently experience through various internet channels doesn't necessarily express what's really going on in our own game rooms. From my experience, if you just give a game enough time, it'll pay you back with quality. Few will do that, but maybe it's just part of growing, you know... growing old ;).

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
RB2 is one of the best fighters for NG. Up there with SS2, KOF98, and Garou.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Ha, I didn't forget, but that D button always bothers me. Graphically though, it almost has no equals.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
LB knows how to deliver the atmosphere to the player - but gameplay wise it does not really do well imo