Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King of Fighters 97 Global Match Physical Coming 2/22 via Limited Run Games to PS4/Vita

Bashful Neophyte

In my opinion:

KOF96 best overall game -> first of the "modern" style KOFs
    KOF97 best storyline -> I love Orochi team and the tv show presentation
    KOF98 best gameplay -> vsmode is gold

None of them (KOF) are bad, maybe 2k3

Why do not build a KOF collection or begin in order by KOF94 at a moderate price? (about 40$)

Fu'un-Ken Master

The SNKP KOFs are pretty bad. 2001 feels like a Mugen game. But then I tend to think all SNKP games suck.

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

KOF97 is one of the best balanced games besides of 98. Anyway nobody needs a limited run game which is 20 years old. Better invest your money in the original cartridge or CD

We?ve risen up anew to drink the wine of vindication!

-餓狼伝説弟子-

If they were going to go with this approach, releasing volumed compilation sets of the aca neogeo releases would have been a better option for new/modern neogeo fans. I imagine a set like that would have done especially well in physical format on the nintendo switch. Oh well.

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Sexless Insecure troglodyte
    Has an awesome pc rig though!

I have the entire snk collection of games on my PC for free. Enjoy getting ripped off fools.

-餓狼伝説弟子-

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart989 View Post
    I have the entire snk collection of games on my PC for free. Enjoy getting ripped off fools.
    I think everyone actively posting in this thread agrees that this feels like a cash grab attempt.

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackaneseNiNjA View Post
    If they were going to go with this approach, releasing volumed compilation sets of the aca neogeo releases would have been a better option for new/modern neogeo fans. I imagine a set like that would have done especially well in physical format on the nintendo switch. Oh well.
    Completely agree. I was thinking about this myself, I'd totally go for physical volume sets from the ACA Neo-Geo releases. I just wish there was more love for physical on PC and not just consoles.

Edo Express Delivery Guy

To be honest KOF '97 had it's charm; red Orochi battle, Bali, Monaco, and last boss stage. Music and then lack thereof; liked the Akira-esque Bali theme, Monaco lo-fi guitar.. shitty character portraits that massively improved in later entries. Definitely a compilation of KOF games would appeal more. 1 random okay kof game on a disc? Oh Simple Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart989 View Post
    Nice custom status. Do you get that when you brag about not supporting the developers and publishers that made the platform of the site on which you're posting possible? People who buy crap like this are idiots, but they're still well above your ilk.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Ripped off? it's not like SNK is actually offering it for free on the side.

!!

Geese's Right Hand Man

Quote Originally Posted by BlackaneseNiNjA View Post
    This instead of just a single release for kof97.Hamster really has been cranking out those aca neo-geo releases id rather have just a compilation.This definitely screams a cash grab on snk&lrg part.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
    Wii U:Progearspec

Cheng's Errand Boy

I'm sure about people who get care about physical releases are in the age 35+ & 40some, young kids don't care about having games in their shelves, they just want to play them.
    About kof97 release, I'm not with a game who were released 22 years ago who is going to offer nothing new right now.

I have more expectation with the new Samurai Shodown and KOF XV.

Quote Originally Posted by KRONOS View Post
    liked the Akira-esque Bali theme
    Fun fact: SNK mashed up two traditional Balinese sounds for that stage, the kecak chant and music that accompanies the Legong dance. More info here, in post 7: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...music-in-KoF97

-餓狼伝説弟子-

Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    Fun fact: SNK mashed up two traditional Balinese sounds for that stage, the kecak chant and music that accompanies the Legong dance. More info here, in post 7: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...music-in-KoF97
    Thank you for reposting that thread, LS! The attention to detail that SNK poured into their titles was amazing. Even though most don’t care for the direction that kof97 took in terms of theming and music, it really shows how much thought and research really went into the global tournament theme of the final chapter of the kof orochi saga.

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Friend me on Facebook!
    Thanks LoneSage, I missed that thread. It was so cool to see details like that and that was definitely the first stage that comes to mind when I think of 97.

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

it seems that KOF97 wasn´t the best decision for LRG. Still over 20% of inventory left after 4 days.

This is what happens
    When you constantly
    Piss off the Management.

Does SNK ever make anything that isnt a waste of time anymore?

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

no, not really

KOF 14 was pretty cool.
    Whatcha gonna do?

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

but in comparison to "the good old stuff" it wasn´t good. WTF is the KING OF DINOSAURS doing there or KUKRI ? That reminds me more of Tekken or Battle Arena Toshinden, but not KOF

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Hasuki-san View Post
    it seems that KOF97 wasn´t the best decision for LRG. Still over 20% of inventory left after 4 days.
    Makes me happy to hear. I was an early supporter of LRG from their very first PS4 release through the end of 2017, but after the (often crappy) games kept coming week after week after week, the novelty faded and their true goals became apparent. And no, it's not preserving games in physical format. If that were truly the case, they would leave Windjammers, Wonder Boy, Night Trap, KoF '97, etc. alone since they already fucking have physical releases!

Thread Information