Metal Slug and NAM-75

Hi...I’m a 37 year old fat boy who used to burn up Arcade games and Neo Geo games every chance he got at the Arcades. I got an NES somewhere in the middle and a Genesis which didn’t last long because I got my driver’s liscense. I haven’t played much since then but I recently bought a mod (if I’ve already broke the rules forgive me lol I haven’t posted in a while either) that I’ve tried to find bugs in, and this was after I threw every hardball I could at the guy before buying it. It’s absolutely ace and I’ve enjoyed playing again.

The first Neo Geo game I played on it was NAM-75. I burned through continues and almost beat it that way after giving up on beating it legit, not knowing about the roll. I also didn’t know what happened with your continues at the main boss aka almost beat it :mad_2: So I ruined that game for myself even though it’s really a great game. I just can’t bring myself to play it again 100 times just for a chance at the boss let alone beating him.

So next was Metal Slug. Is this game beatable in 1 run or am I wasting my time? I can make it to the final misson with lives, never 3 lives though. Something always knicks me a time or 2 in the middle with the Mission 5 boss always being 1 of them. And I’ve died at him after not getting hit it all many times.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
PM a member here called Saner, you and him will get on so well you'll be touching dicks in no time!

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
PM the member here Rot and explain the situation to him, he has a special guide in PDF form he will share with you that explains how to beat Metal Slug easily.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Get a memory card and practice the last stage of Nam.

Slug can be beaten 1cc, once again keep practicing.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Hi...I’m a 37 year old fat boy who used to burn up Arcade games and Neo Geo games every chance he got at the Arcades. I got an NES somewhere in the middle and a Genesis which didn’t last long because I got my driver’s liscense. I haven’t played much since then but I recently bought a mod (if I’ve already broke the rules forgive me lol I haven’t posted in a while either) that I’ve tried to find bugs in, and this was after I threw every hardball I could at the guy before buying it. It’s absolutely ace and I’ve enjoyed playing again.

The first Neo Geo game I played on it was NAM-75. I burned through continues and almost beat it that way after giving up on beating it legit, not knowing about the roll. I also didn’t know what happened with your continues at the main boss aka almost beat it :mad_2: So I ruined that game for myself even though it’s really a great game. I just can’t bring myself to play it again 100 times just for a chance at the boss let alone beating him.

So next was Metal Slug. Is this game beatable in 1 run or am I wasting my time? I can make it to the final misson with lives, never 3 lives though. Something always knicks me a time or 2 in the middle with the Mission 5 boss always being 1 of them. And I’ve died at him after not getting hit it all many times.
They're absolutely beatable, just keep on practicing. Using. Memory Card would help out

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Timing your roll is key. The Unibios has an infinite lives cheat you can use to practice.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm no god of gaming but I have 1cc'ed Slug 1 and come close on Slug 2. 3 I'll probably never be able to do.

I've never beaten the boss on Nam either :(

Just today I had a legit chance at beating Metal Slug. I made it to the final mission having been hit once then some copout s*** happened. Where the forklift thing is supposed to pull in, this time was 3 or 4 of the motorcycle guys throwing stuff. Then on the bottom was 2 tanks firing instead of the usual 1. I think I’m just over it now lol been playing the game for months, most of that time having made it to the final mission, and nothing like that has happened.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Just today I had a legit chance at beating Metal Slug. I made it to the final mission having been hit once then some copout s*** happened. Where the forklift thing is supposed to pull in, this time was 3 or 4 of the motorcycle guys throwing stuff. Then on the bottom was 2 tanks firing instead of the usual 1. I think I’m just over it now lol been playing the game for months, most of that time having made it to the final mission, and nothing like that has happened.
I hate when that happens, everything goes to shit within seconds. I haven't 1cc Metal Slug in a long time, im probably going to give it a go this weekend

I’m assuming that happens every time you make it that far without a continue? If it’s just a coincidence I’ll keep at it. The game does have several other random periodical popups but they never affected the game much. That 1 all but ends it but if it’s random maybe I won’t see it again for a while.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It rather seems you were going too fast forward, when the GO!-> sign appeared. You have to go as slow as pixel by pixel to prevent too many enemies coming at you at once. Go slow until the first enemies are on screen and don't move further, unless you got them. This way you're able to control enemy appearance on screen to a certain degree.

^ this is the method I use in many parts of the game. I haven’t gotten it to work in the final mission but I’ll probably keep at it. The crouch and crawl technique is money in a few places too but easy to forget about late in the game.

As for NAM-75 I could see it was beatable but if I’m going to smash a button for an hour straight something has to blow up when I smash it lol! And of course the boss...ugh. That was just an odd thing that happened when I sabatoged that game. Probably won’t happen again so I better get over it. And who knows if I ever beat Metal Slug I might pick it back up again rejuvenated.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I dont know if you're talking about Nam or metal slug as beatable in one game but Metal slug is doable. I can normally make it through the first 3 stages without losing a single life on the hardest setting. Stage 4 is a gamble and some time the fight at top of stage 3 with allen seems like a crap shoot. The final stage though seems to ramp shit up so much thought you lose lives constantly.

Did the people who beat Metal Slug beat it before memory cards and saves? That’s a capability that I don’t have.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Did the people who beat Metal Slug beat it before memory cards and saves? That’s a capability that I don’t have.

Be gentle with this old noob, guys.

edit: a little off-topic, but..

Nam remains unbeatable for an American. Didn't they teach you that in school?

In fact, we are not taught that in school. We're taught both sides signed a ceasefire or something and that America left Vietnam. Plenty of Americans still believe America didn't lose the war.

Last edited:
Not an illegitimate question seeing how many of the YouTube videos have been busted as spliced or done with a cheat.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
fuck it, all bets are off with the 37 year old fat boy

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I wouldn't consider it beaten if you used a memory card or level select.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
In fact, we are not taught that in school. We're taught both sides signed a ceasefire or something and that America left Vietnam. Plenty of Americans still believe America didn't lose the war.

When I was in Vietnam I visited the cu chi tunnels and saw all the traps etc no wonder the yanks dropped out of that place 'ceasefire' hah yeah nice one.