N64 HDMI service??

Justin

Banned
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but is there any modders on here that can do a HDMI mod on my N64?Thanks

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but is there any modders on here that can do a HDMI mod on my N64?Thanks

PM Madman? He cannot do the work but he'll appreciate the sentiment.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If you have the Ultra HDMI kit, I can do it no problem.

Justin

Banned
I see the N64 HDMI mod is not cheap.Is there a good upscaler that you guys would recommend?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I see the N64 HDMI mod is not cheap.Is there a good upscaler that you guys would recommend?
If your N64 is modded for RGB, the OSSC works perfectly for me. If not, you're going to need to use either a framemeister or something with S video

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Is the HDMI mod compatible with any N64 regarding serial #?

adeneo

n00b
Is the HDMI mod compatible with any N64 regarding serial #?

Yes it is.
The UltraHDMI board works with any serial or region, it just hooks into the PPU with a thin FFC cable, that is a bitch to solder if you don't have good equipment and a bit of practice.
If you know what you're doing, it only takes ten minutes to install, with making the hole for HDMI connector, being the most time consuming.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Yes it is.
The UltraHDMI board works with any serial or region, it just hooks into the PPU with a thin FFC cable, that is a bitch to solder if you don't have good equipment and a bit of practice.
If you know what you're doing, it only takes ten minutes to install, with making the hole for HDMI connector, being the most time consuming.

There's a 'no-cut' mod for that now. Retro RGB had an article about someone in the community selling a 3D printed riser so that you don't need to cut the shell of the console anymore.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Nice, glad the HDMI mod doesn't require a certain serial numbered unit. Definitely getting one of these done soon.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Nice, glad the HDMI mod doesn't require a certain serial numbered unit. Definitely getting one of these done soon.
I was thinking that just for the anti aliasing removal. Is it that drastic of a difference?

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I was thinking that just for the anti aliasing removal. Is it that drastic of a difference?

Oh I have no idea bro. I don't know shit about the N64 tbh I just know I had one years ago RGB modded and was great but I had to find an early serial numbered unit for that mod then. I was just glad it doesn't matter what unit it is with this mod.

Last edited:

adeneo

n00b
There's a 'no-cut' mod for that now. Retro RGB had an article about someone in the community selling a 3D printed riser so that you don't need to cut the shell of the console anymore.

And you're sure that's not for a NES toploader, seeing as the cut on the N64 for the HDMI connector is done on the entire bottom shell ?