A really great documentary on Tom Dubois; the artist behind most US Konami art etc.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Was just watching this randomly on YouTube and thought I'd share as it's really well done and it was great hearing him tell his stories. It turns out he was pretty moved by the documentary as well and had no idea about the influence he had until now judging from his YouTube comment on the video. In my opinion he's the best artist to have ever graced US videogame art; wish more could have been like him... Haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw-SPY4n0s8

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Cool find, I never even knew who the artist was that did all that classic Konami box art, but always wondered, and now I know!

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Damn that was cool. Never really thought about how much effect the cover art of games has on your perception of what you see in the game.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
What a talent. Doing all those covers inside of a week, or in that one case, a weekend. Great vid.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Thanks for posting this. I hope more people give him work he wants to do based on this.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Damn that was cool. Never really thought about how much effect the cover art of games has on your perception of what you see in the game.

I would have totally bought Bayou Billy back in the day based off of the cover art alone... Would have been wrecked after getting home too. lol