Crossfire Sega Genesis it’s great game if you give it a chance

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
I found this game at a local used record store. It was priced at 40 cib which is higher side of retail but it was in near mint condition. Decided to grab it and am very happy I did.

At first I though it was a less then average genesis shooter. This is mainly because you start underpowered and way slower then the enemies who ram into you. However if you complete the $50,000 mission 1st and then you buy the wave shot and body upgrade (it’s a speed upgrade) this game becomes super fun.

The gimmick in this game is that you have four stages in each mission. The first stage is a standard vertical shoot em up, then second stage focuses on ground Troops , third stage is a overhead run and gun where you have to save a hostage . Finally you have a harder standard vertical shoot em up and boss fight.

This game is a lot of fun if you give it a chance. I almost gave up on it after the first 10 minutes but I ended up really enjoying myself and beating the game .. You should check it out!

Last edited:

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Huh - I've never heard anyone talk about this one. I'll have to give it a shot on my everdrive

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Huh - I've never heard anyone talk about this one. I'll have to give it a shot on my everdrive

I had not either, I’m trying to get every shooter on the Genesis otherwise I would of probably passed on it. Just give it a little time to learn how to play it, you might think it sucks at first like I did. It gets good once you start upgrading your helicopter.