Terraonion Direct coming very early March!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
There's enough good games to warrant keeping it around, especially since most models will play CDRs with no trouble. I don't know that I would buy a Sega CD system in 2019 when they seem to go for close to $200 now, I'm really tempted to sell my spares.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Holy shit, 200 bucks for a MegaCD? That's insane. I think I've paid, uh... 40€ for mine years ago.

EDIT: yup, paid 40€ shipped. Found the paypal invoice.

Last edited:

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Terraonion Direct coming very early March!

Well its mid March. Also what is this, a promo video for stuff already announced? some new stuff?

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
On their forums, IIRC, I've read that it will happen "definitely before the end of March".

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Yeah the Sega CD’s are going up in value as are the 32X.

The actual MD is still cheap as chips though!!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Nothing makes sense anymore - Atari Jaguar is expensive for fuck's sake

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Any news on the direct? It's a Sega CD ODE yes? Please?

Sounds like the Direct is going to end up being in April. Nothing has been announced regarding the products other than one will be a niche product, and the other will be more mainstream (and blow people's minds, apparently). There's a lot of moving pieces happening at TO right now and they all need to fall into place before the Direct can happen.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Awesome, I'm really looking forward to being blown.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Sounds like the Direct is going to end up being in April. Nothing has been announced regarding the products other than one will be a niche product, and the other will be more mainstream (and blow people's minds, apparently). There's a lot of moving pieces happening at TO right now and they all need to fall into place before the Direct can happen.

When I hear niche in the gaming community I think arcade, or Jaguar related. I doubt anyone has the balls to release a Jaguar SD CD add on. So I'm thinking CPS1.

The other thing I would assume is Saturn or Sega Cd related.

Whatever they are, I bet they're both gonna be must owns.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
What would actually blow my mind would be a CPS2 + CPS1 multi all-in-one which you plug into a CPS2 A board and off you go.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
When I hear niche in the gaming community I think arcade, or Jaguar related. I doubt anyone has the balls to release a Jaguar SD CD add on. So I'm thinking CPS1.

AFAIK, the upcoming Jaguar SD cart from RetroHQ will support CD games.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Guys, I am ready. I have a wad of money burning a hole in my pants making just enough room for my erection (finally). Let's make this happen before I turn blue.

Waiting with 'baited breath for good news.

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
CPS1/2 would be divine. I have my Vince McMahon .gif ready.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Cool thing is that we're going to suddenly have 3 choices. One is Apocalypse's (on DS forums), Aje seems to be back on track with a new revision of his board and *maybe* Terraonion too? 3 CPS1 multis to choose from. One can dream.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Cool thing is that we're going to suddenly have 3 choices. One is Apocalypse's (on DS forums), Aje seems to be back on track with a new revision of his board and *maybe* Terraonion too? 3 CPS1 multis to choose from. One can dream.

There's a fourth option as well. A guy named Lidz in China is selling both a CPS 1 Multi and a CPS 1.5 Multi:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=0.7095261.0.0.62191debK8w926&id=570591354991

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...Jj156&id=580156433395&ns=1&abbucket=15#detail

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Yeah but that's one of the most horrendous hackjobs I've ever seen in my life and wouldn't consider it an option at all.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Is Aje shipping outside of France now though? I remember his stuff was for France-only peeps.

c0nn0r

10 Year Member

Why are you guys talking like CPS is what will be revealed? This is pure speculation. Let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet...

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
AFAIK, the upcoming Jaguar SD cart from RetroHQ will support CD games.

Eventually that's the plan. For release it will be cart only as SainT's still understanding the cd side. When I last checked a few weeks ago.