Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 66 of 66

Thread: Noobie disaster

  1. #51
    JammaNationX
    Xian Xi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Posts
    27,796
    Quote Originally Posted by brian.illsley View Post
    Yes with card and IPA alcohol and the fact that I'm getting a green screen without cart must show its not a slot problem!
    Sounds like a compound issue to me but I guess you know a lot. Have fun.

  2. #52
    New Challenger

    Join Date
    Feb 2019

    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    Sounds like a compound issue to me but I guess you know a lot. Have fun.
    I Apologise if I came across rude, it was not my intention . And as for knowing a lot, in fact I know nothing at all . I have the upmost respect for all of you and even more so for all the help I have thus far received. Please if you have an idea what me and BB have not thought of please share. I need all the help and the more help the better I want to crack this and have it working. Again I'm sorry if I offended.
    Last edited by brian.illsley; 03-04-2019 at 06:29 PM.

  3. #53
    SHOCKbox Developer
    BIG BEAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA
    Posts
    7,092
    Did the last 40 pins check out as good?
    BB
    In case of 'PM BOX FULL ANXIETY' , E-MAIL ME

    bigbearatdreamamusement.net replace "at" with an "@"

    I'd like to sincerely THANK everybody that supported SHOCKbox over the (EST 2001) 8 - 9 years I did it.
    is stocking the SHOCKbox right now!! They also have a huge library of SHOCKbox inserts for DL and or printing.
    LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

    I'm not protecting myself from you....I'M PROTECTING YOU FROM ME.
    SKYWAY PRO Keep this a secret!

  4. #54
    New Challenger

    Join Date
    Feb 2019

    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG BEAR View Post
    Did the last 40 pins check out as good?
    BB
    Thanks BB, Yeah the last 40 checked out fine and connected.

  5. #55
    SHOCKbox Developer
    BIG BEAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA
    Posts
    7,092
    You may need to work on getting a hold of some palette ram... I'm going to do the pinouts for the palette ram just for double checking. We are in the proper location.
    BB
    In case of 'PM BOX FULL ANXIETY' , E-MAIL ME

    bigbearatdreamamusement.net replace "at" with an "@"

    I'd like to sincerely THANK everybody that supported SHOCKbox over the (EST 2001) 8 - 9 years I did it.
    is stocking the SHOCKbox right now!! They also have a huge library of SHOCKbox inserts for DL and or printing.
    LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

    I'm not protecting myself from you....I'M PROTECTING YOU FROM ME.
    SKYWAY PRO Keep this a secret!

  6. #56
    SHOCKbox Developer
    BIG BEAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA
    Posts
    7,092
    First 14 pins for the 4364 palette ram
    The ram @ F & G share these:
    1-5v
    2-HC259(12)@F10
    3-NEO-B1(11)
    4-NEO-B1(10)
    5-NEO-B1(9)
    6-NEO-B1(8)
    7-NEO-B1(3)
    8-NEO-B1(2)
    9-NEO-B1(159)
    10-NEO-B1(158)
    14-GRND
    -------------------------
    4364 @F
    11-LS273(8)@H1----------------NEO-GO(35)@J5
    12-LS273(13)@H1---------------NEO-GO(36)@J5
    13-LS273(14)@H1---------------NEO-GO(37)@J5
    -------------------------
    4364 @G
    11-NEO-GO(62)@J4
    12-NEO-GO(63)@J4
    13-NEO-GO(64)@J4

    I'll finish up later.
    BB
    In case of 'PM BOX FULL ANXIETY' , E-MAIL ME

    bigbearatdreamamusement.net replace "at" with an "@"

    I'd like to sincerely THANK everybody that supported SHOCKbox over the (EST 2001) 8 - 9 years I did it.
    is stocking the SHOCKbox right now!! They also have a huge library of SHOCKbox inserts for DL and or printing.
    LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

    I'm not protecting myself from you....I'M PROTECTING YOU FROM ME.
    SKYWAY PRO Keep this a secret!

  7. #57
    New Challenger

    Join Date
    Feb 2019

    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG BEAR View Post
    First 14 pins for the 4364 palette ram
    The ram @ F & G share these:
    1-5v
    2-HC259(12)@F10
    3-NEO-B1(11)
    4-NEO-B1(10)
    5-NEO-B1(9)
    6-NEO-B1(8)
    7-NEO-B1(3)
    8-NEO-B1(2)
    9-NEO-B1(159)
    10-NEO-B1(158)
    14-GRND
    -------------------------
    4364 @F
    11-LS273(8)@H1----------------NEO-GO(35)@J5
    12-LS273(13)@H1---------------NEO-GO(36)@J5
    13-LS273(14)@H1---------------NEO-GO(37)@J5
    -------------------------
    4364 @G
    11-NEO-GO(62)@J4
    12-NEO-GO(63)@J4
    13-NEO-GO(64)@J4

    I'll finish up later.
    BB
    Slight Difference but all present.

    1-5v
    2-HC259(12)@F10
    3-NEO-B1(12)
    4-NEO-B1(11)
    5-NEO-B1(9)
    6-NEO-B1(8)
    7-NEO-B1(3)
    8-NEO-B1(2)
    9-NEO-B1(159)
    10-NEO-B1(158)
    14-GRND
    -------------------------
    4364 @F
    11-LS273(8)@H1----------------NEO-GO(35)@J5
    12-LS273(13)@H1---------------NEO-GO(36)@J5
    13-LS273(14)@H1---------------NEO-GO(37)@J5
    -------------------------
    4364 @G
    11-NEO-GO(62)@J4
    12-NEO-GO(63)@J4
    13-NEO-GO(64)@J4

  8. #58
    Chang's Combo Meal #4
    2D_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Alphaville (with Lemmy)

    Posts
    3,674
    This whole thread is stuff of nightmares....

    Why put so much time into it? Why not just buy a working AES? If you are tight on money, people here would sell you a working one for a decent price...

  9. #59
    New Challenger

    Join Date
    Feb 2019

    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D_Master View Post
    This whole thread is stuff of nightmares....

    Why put so much time into it? Why not just buy a working AES? If you are tight on money, people here would sell you a working one for a decent price...
    Its now the principle of the thing, its because of the time we have put into it and the sense of achivement when or if I finally get it working. And also the doing of this, might be useful to others which would speed up there diagnosis. That and the fact I like to torture myself lol.

    Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

  10. #60
    SHOCKbox Developer
    BIG BEAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA
    Posts
    7,092
    Last of Palette Ram
    palette ram 4364@F
    15-LS273(17)@H1------------------NEO-GO(38)
    16-LS273(3)@H2-------------------NEO-GO(52)
    17-LS273(15)@H2------------------NEO-GO(54)
    18-LS273(7)@H1-------------------NEO-GO(55)
    19-LS273(18)@H1------------------NEO-GO(56)
    20-GRND
    21-4364(21)@G--------------------B1(31)
    22-GRND
    23-4364(23)@G--------------------B1(32)
    24-4364(24)@G--------------------B1(29)
    25-4364(25)@G--------------------B1(28)
    26-4364(26)@G (5V)
    27-4364(27)@G--------------------NEO-GO(41)
    28-5V
    ------------------------------------------------
    palette ram 4364@G

    15-LS273(13)@H2---------------NEO-GO(1)
    16-LS273(17)@H2---------------NEO-GO(21)
    17-LS273(18)@H2---------------NEO-GO(22)
    18-LS273(3)@H1----------------NEO-GO(23)
    19-LS273(4)@H1----------------NEO-GO(24)

    If all of these are making the connection one of the associated chips may be overheating causing the color change from blue to green.
    BB
    Last edited by BIG BEAR; 03-09-2019 at 09:00 PM.
    In case of 'PM BOX FULL ANXIETY' , E-MAIL ME

    bigbearatdreamamusement.net replace "at" with an "@"

    I'd like to sincerely THANK everybody that supported SHOCKbox over the (EST 2001) 8 - 9 years I did it.
    is stocking the SHOCKbox right now!! They also have a huge library of SHOCKbox inserts for DL and or printing.
    LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

    I'm not protecting myself from you....I'M PROTECTING YOU FROM ME.
    SKYWAY PRO Keep this a secret!

  11. #61
    New Challenger

    Join Date
    Feb 2019

    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG BEAR View Post
    Last of Palette Ram
    palette ram 4364@F
    15-LS273(17)@H1------------------NEO-GO(38)
    16-LS273(3)@H2-------------------NEO-GO(52)
    17-LS273(15)@H2------------------NEO-GO(54)
    18-LS273(7)@H1-------------------NEO-GO(55)
    19-LS273(18)@H1------------------NEO-GO(56)
    20-GRND
    21-4364(21)@G--------------------B1(31)
    22-GRND
    23-4364(23)@G--------------------B1(32)
    24-4364(24)@G--------------------B1(29)
    25-4364(25)@G--------------------B1(28)
    26-4364(26)@G (5V)
    27-4364(27)@G--------------------NEO-GO(41)
    28-5V
    ------------------------------------------------
    palette ram 4364@G

    15-LS273(13)@H2---------------NEO-GO(1)
    16-LS273(17)@H2---------------NEO-GO(21)
    17-LS273(18)@H2---------------NEO-GO(22)
    18-LS273(3)@H1----------------NEO-GO(23)
    19-LS273(4)@H1----------------NEO-GO(24)

    If all of these are making the connection one of the associated chips may be overheating causing the color change from blue to green.
    BB
    one small change but again all present,

    I have found replacement palette ram chips on aliexpress but its going to take a while to get them due to delivery time. So would you recommend this to start with?

  12. #62
    SHOCKbox Developer
    BIG BEAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA
    Posts
    7,092
    You don't have a logic probe do you?
    I think one of the associated chips may be overheating so you should turn the unit on and let it sit for like ten to fifteen minutes. feel the tops of the associated chips to see if one of them get's warm/hot similar to the YM2610.
    BB
    In case of 'PM BOX FULL ANXIETY' , E-MAIL ME

    bigbearatdreamamusement.net replace "at" with an "@"

    I'd like to sincerely THANK everybody that supported SHOCKbox over the (EST 2001) 8 - 9 years I did it.
    is stocking the SHOCKbox right now!! They also have a huge library of SHOCKbox inserts for DL and or printing.
    LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

    I'm not protecting myself from you....I'M PROTECTING YOU FROM ME.
    SKYWAY PRO Keep this a secret!

  13. #63
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing

    Posts
    32,253
    BIG BEAR is the man, going above and beyond here. Kudos.

  14. #64
    New Challenger

    Join Date
    Feb 2019

    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG BEAR View Post
    You don't have a logic probe do you?
    I think one of the associated chips may be overheating so you should turn the unit on and let it sit for like ten to fifteen minutes. feel the tops of the associated chips to see if one of them get's warm/hot similar to the YM2610.
    BB
    your right I don't have a logic probe, I'm working away and can try the tops of the chips tomorrow.

  15. #65
    New Challenger

    Join Date
    Feb 2019

    Posts
    29
    I tested with the machine on for 15-20 mins none of the chips were anywhere close to the temp of YM2610, to be honest they were all very cool. Should I get a cheap Logic probe?

  16. #66
    SHOCKbox Developer
    BIG BEAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA
    Posts
    7,092
    logic probe is going to be necessary down the road but for now I would work on getting in the palette ram. It may take a week for you to get them.

    BB
    In case of 'PM BOX FULL ANXIETY' , E-MAIL ME

    bigbearatdreamamusement.net replace "at" with an "@"

    I'd like to sincerely THANK everybody that supported SHOCKbox over the (EST 2001) 8 - 9 years I did it.
    is stocking the SHOCKbox right now!! They also have a huge library of SHOCKbox inserts for DL and or printing.
    LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

    I'm not protecting myself from you....I'M PROTECTING YOU FROM ME.
    SKYWAY PRO Keep this a secret!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •