Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noobie disaster

SHOCKbox Developer
    Check the chip at L4 marked ASO4. I'm thinking there's a broken trace that goes right to the cartridge slot.
    BB
    In case of 'PM BOX FULL ANXIETY' , E-MAIL ME

bigbearatdreamamusement.net replace "at" with an "@"

I'd like to sincerely THANK everybody that supported SHOCKbox over the (EST 2001) 8 - 9 years I did it.
    is stocking the SHOCKbox right now!! They also have a huge library of SHOCKbox inserts for DL and or printing.
    LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

I'm not protecting myself from you....I'M PROTECTING YOU FROM ME.
    SKYWAY PRO Keep this a secret!

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BEAR View Post
    Check the chip at L4 marked ASO4. I'm thinking there's a broken trace that goes right to the cartridge slot.
    BB
    According to the schematic AS04 has 4 connections to the cartridge slot, and all 4 are making continuity to their relevant positions on the cart slot.

Bashful Neophyte

Im really hoping I can revive this AES, I'm trying really hard to find the issue, and I'm not the type to give up. So is the next step replacing vram or palatte ram chips? Any further help would greatly help my sanity.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

SHOCKbox Developer
    Don't replace anything yet. I need you to do me a favor..show me aht the screen looks like on the most colorful intro...I believe it has pink in it,etc.
    and check the LS244 @ L6 Also check the 531000(LO) @ J5
    BB
    Quote Originally Posted by brian.illsley View Post
    Im really hoping I can revive this AES, I'm trying really hard to find the issue, and I'm not the type to give up. So is the next step replacing vram or palatte ram chips? Any further help would greatly help my sanity.

I'd like to sincerely THANK everybody that supported SHOCKbox over the (EST 2001) 8 - 9 years I did it.
    is stocking the SHOCKbox right now!! They also have a huge library of SHOCKbox inserts for DL and or printing.
    LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

Bashful Neophyte

Don't replace anything yet. I need you to do me a favor..show me aht the screen looks like on the most colorful intro...I believe it has pink in it,etc.
    and check the LS244 @ L6 Also check the 531000(LO) @ J5
    BB
    Sorry for the lateness of my reply, I have tried to Test The LS244 and 531000 but according to the schematic all the pinouts are different for instance pin 1 on the 531000 should goto pin 112 but on mine goes to 100 all pins are out.

I will upload a video of what the demo does when I get home.

Big Bear thanks so much for your help i really appreciate it.

Bashful Neophyte

Please find the video at https://youtu.be/f3LmhB29rZI

SHOCKbox Developer
    That was good.
    Could you youtube the results when you turn it on with no cartridge plugged in with a original bios.
    BB
    Please find the video at https://youtu.be/f3LmhB29rZI
    Last edited by BIG BEAR; 02-20-2019 at 02:06 AM.

LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

Bashful Neophyte

That was good.
    Could you youtube the results when you turn it on with no cartridge plugged in with a original bios.
    BB
    Here is the no cart video, just so you know when turning on before i took this video the screen was solid blue for around 2 seconds

https://youtu.be/iNHTU8QDnK8

SHOCKbox Developer
    OK. We are going to stay with the palette ram and area. Check the traces of NEO-B1 chip @E1
    BB
    Here is the no cart video, just so you know when turning on before i took this video the screen was solid blue for around 2 seconds

https://youtu.be/iNHTU8QDnK8

LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

Bashful Neophyte

OK. We are going to stay with the palette ram and area. Check the traces of NEO-B1 chip @E1
    BB
    I'm getting more and more frustrated with this, I have checked with the limited knowledge I have, all traces look perfect I have shone a led light from behind and continuity tested what I could and tried again to trace each pin, but I'm failing at that miserably the pin outs and schematics on the neogeo Wiki make no sense to me.

SHOCKbox Developer
    OK. Don't get frustrated( walk away for a little bit)...I will give you a pinout of the B1 by tomorrow. There is definitely something in that area according to your system causing the problem or at least causing a problem.
    BB

I'm getting more and more frustrated with this, I have checked with the limited knowledge I have, all traces look perfect I have shone a led light from behind and continuity tested what I could and tried again to trace each pin, but I'm failing at that miserably the pin outs and schematics on the neogeo Wiki make no sense to me.

LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

Thread Information