PS4 is officially confirmed most successful gaming platform and most profitable for games

saner

Krauser's Henchman
see here are legit sources (nevermind what sites they are from, but rather the core factual evidence. )

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps...e-users-sony-ces-2019-press-conference.91974/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so...-unchanged-17-5mil.97000/page-2#post-17461083

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/psn-...osofts-whole-gaming-division-revenue.1471822/

you cant make this stuff up, no matter platform preference, even a neutral gamer would acknowledge that PS4 is the most beneficial platform for publishers, developers and gamers alike at the international level!

in the 8 bit era the best platform was NES, in the 16 bit era it was a tie between Genesis and SNES (though in some aspects Neo Geo is superior). in the 32 bit/ 64 bit era it was Playstation, in the later gens, Playstation 2 and Playstation 3 proven to be the industry champions back to back, and now Playstation 4 dominates even greater with well rounded quality hardware and best game selection (only surpassed by PC's emulation capabilities, but PC is hardly profitable for publishers compared to PS4.

plus PC being almost entirely digital market, doesnt create/maintain retail jobs like PS4 does still having a physical market in the industry too, and PC has too many cheaters online, while PS4 is almost cheater free).

So I just post facts, not shill drivel. Any smart gamer with high standards sides with the best platform without bias. and the greatest platforms are currently PS4 and PC.

even South Korea is obsessed with PS4

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/01/south_korea_goes_crazy_for_cut-price_ps4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZU_pP_57tY

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/ajpirc/massive_lines_in_south_korea_for_the_playstation/

Last edited:

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
saner's in a console war with himself

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Ummmm, the 360 shit all over the PS3, try again girl.

uh PS3 is still going strong even these days, its PSN network is still up, meanwhile, Xbox360 is very quiet and Microsoft seems to totally abandon it. well yes service for PS3 could get cut this year, but overall, PS3 still got the better games of that generation. 360 received a lot of Japanese developers that were sick of PS3's nightmarish OS, but that didn't sway a lot of mainstream developers that still chose PS3 for their exclusives and included it among their multiplatform games (whereas nintendo platforms missed out on so many games PS3 and Xbox360 receive).

Xbox360 was definitely strong at the time, especially with the debut of TESIV Oblivion and later TES V Skyrim. the PS3 ports were not as polished.
Xbox 360 did receive several neogeo games, including Samurai Shodown II, which Playstation didn't get an arcade perfect build until PS4 (PS2's SS anthology wasn't arcade tier).

overall, Xbox didnt ever dominate over Playstation at all. Xbox was strong, but still a novice compared to Playstation 2, even despite having built in network adapter and harddrive, its game selection wasn't up to Playstation's unrivaled 3rd party support.

though I do acknowledge platforms like X360 being strong and decent rival. even Dreamcast was strong rival during its debut and peak (which I think was the first console to have built in online capabilities for gaming, it included online compatible games like Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, Phantasy Star Online, etc. its a bit hazy what years Dreamcast and Xbox debuted.)

though overall, since PS1, the PS consoles have been ahead of the competition ever since then.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Typical saner being a cunt again. Shut the fuck up saner.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Jesus fuck I accidentally clicked on a saner thread

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
uh PS3 is still going strong even these days, its PSN network is still up, meanwhile, Xbox360 is very quiet and Microsoft seems to totally abandon it.

Huh? PS3/Vita games are mostly online ghost towns. You are much, much more likely to find populated 360 lobbies than PS3 ones. How is PS3 "still going strong" and 360 "very quiet"?

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Huh? PS3/Vita games are mostly online ghost towns. You are much, much more likely to find populated 360 lobbies than PS3 ones. How is PS3 "still going strong" and 360 "very quiet"?

well its known that Xbox online gamers are more dedicated gamers than PS3 gamers. though yea it can vary. I know the communities were incredible for games like L4D.

PS3 is still strong, though, even I went shopping for english and japanese games I didnt own and play before. PS3 is getting more usage alongside PS4.

and why bring up vita? its known that PSP and Vita are flop platforms. if anything, they harmed the Playstation brand more than anything else, divided the community, and wasted games that would be making more money on Playstation consoles. and PSP/Vita exclusive would be fortunate to get a port on Playstation consoles at all.

PSP and Vita are the worst and most unnecessary platforms Sony made, though perhaps they wont repeat those mistakes.
Nintendo dominates the portable market, while being weak with consoles, they haven't made a decent industry leading console with top tier 3rd party support, since the SNES.

Gog

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Cool story.

Please do go on.

You have our undivided attention.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
>"PSP is a flop platform"
>sold about 82 million units as of 2013

Just shut the fuck up.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
"You can't make this stuff up".

Immediately begins making stuff up.

Gold.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Ugh ok now I see.

Again why isn't this guy locked in the War Room? He's fucking annoying.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I can tell you EXACTLY why Saner isn't locked in the War Room.

Pity.

Gollum.jpg

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
360s are quiet? Never had a slim one, is that what makes this true? Still want to play lost planet psnow can...A fat one.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Lifetime sales of 360 vs PS3 finished pretty close to each other, and Nintendo crushed them both with the Wii, so the PS3 argument is moot.

That tidbit aside, "greatest" is subjective. "Successful", you can make a fact based argument for that when talking about the PS4, but 'greatest' is different things to different people.

Case in point, I loathe the PS4. I'm not a fan of the interface, the updates upon updates whenever I finally decide to turn it on, having to install games I have the disc for that take up dozens of gigabytes of HDD space, and the awful battery life in the controllers. I own one for the same reason I own an XBOne, for a small assortment of games I can't get elsewhere, and that's it.

Either post "facts", or post opinions, or change the title.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Lifetime sales of 360 vs PS3 finished pretty close to each other, and Nintendo crushed them both with the Wii, so the PS3 argument is moot.

That tidbit aside, "greatest" is subjective. "Successful", you can make a fact based argument for that when talking about the PS4, but 'greatest' is different things to different people.

Case in point, I loathe the PS4. I'm not a fan of the interface, the updates upon updates whenever I finally decide to turn it on, having to install games I have the disc for that take up dozens of gigabytes of HDD space, and the awful battery life in the controllers. I own one for the same reason I own an XBOne, for a small assortment of games I can't get elsewhere, and that's it.

Either post "facts", or post opinions, or change the title.

It's Saner's selective reading and making up bullshit as "Facts" which I find amusing. The guy is pretty much four short of a Six-Pack because he's acting like the worst thing as a gamer is which is a blind fanboy. They're the worst kind of gamer next to collect-tards and sealed gaming faggot-chans.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Saner delivers once again. I'm glad I get confirmations from time to time that owning a PS4 is the right thing to do.