750 blue elf

Before you hate- just relate - it was a gift. I have the big red Jamma to mvs converter board and I plugged it into this blue elf thing and this is what I have- a reddish menu and the joystick and buttons don’t work- then after a while king of fighters plays and it looks somewhat normal. Joysticks and buttons still not working- I have the big red set to elf other than that I don’t know what to do with the jumpers on the board. The instructions don’t really help - it’s a 4 slot mvs4 jap candy cab
mvsD9F91484-AEA4-483F-999C-35892C752640.jpeg

Thanks for any help

These are my thoughts although i am not 100% sure of what is happening with your machine.

You say that you have this cabinet.If it was originally wired by the jamma standard and with an original mvs 4 slot when you got it then probably it was stock and you can refer to the original manual for the pinout.As far as i know the 4 slot mvs has slightly different sound output connection from the single mvs boards cause it has stereo leading to the pins of the connector.
Anyway, if it is stock and then you attached the elf thing and it does work both in graphics and sound then at least the power lines must be good.

So this means that +5 ,+12 and ground are working.If the buttons dont work at all then it might me a ground problem on the ground that goes on the controller side.Maybe this elf thing has a different pinout than what you have on your jamma connector.

But if the thing gives you so much trouble then why risk it?Just stick the original 4 slot and you still will have an awesome machine.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Or if you're really dead set on using a multi board, buy a pandoras box and see if you still have the issue... I mean they cost like 50 bucks.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Some of the Chinese multi's have non-standard JAMMA edges and pinouts. Double check the manual pinout against the JAMMA standard. Also look at pins not lining up directly with your adapter/harness due to slightly off pitch.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Some of the Chinese multi's have non-standard JAMMA edges and pinouts. Double check the manual pinout against the JAMMA standard. Also look at pins not lining up directly with your adapter/harness due to slightly off pitch.

This, I got a bootleg multi (a boot of a boot) and it doesn't work even with a JNX Atlas.

Ok - the menu is still red- but I got the joystick and buttons to work- evidently you have to set the cart to free play to use the joystick in the menu-
Problems - menu is all red
Some games are horrible - expected this

Weird status- blue elf logo is perfect when boots up
Some games play perfect

Is the cart defective because the menu is all red?

EDA88518-1E16-4EE7-94DE-6530FEB19491.jpeg
9AAF2846-88F8-4D2F-B614-7A4B0DC5B7DF.jpeg

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Do you have other legit hardware you run in the machine that doesn't have too much red? It looks like you might just need to adjust the red color pot on the monitor.

Do you have other legit hardware you run in the machine that doesn't have too much red? It looks like you might just need to adjust the red color pot on the monitor.

Cart plays games in correct colors once selected. I just don’t know enough about these multi carts

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Cart plays games in correct colors once selected. I just don’t know enough about these multi carts

If the games once they start play correctly and colors are correct then I'd guess the menu is just the problem, could be colored different or a coding issue.

Also for the Chinese multiboards, usually you need to add a coin to navigate the game select unless you set it to freeplay.

Last edited: