So which 161-in-1 cart is the best?

MasternX

n00b
So I came across a single slot Neo-Geo cabinet a few years back that I am finally getting around to restoring. Once I'm done, it's going up a BUNCH of stairs into a sweet little home arcade I'm working on. That being said, I think putting a 161-in-1 cart in it is the best way to go, though looking around the net, it seems that there are a few different versions? Thus my question.. which version of the 161-in-1 cart is the best? I.E. which one doesn't require heavy modding? I wish I was better at soldering, but the truth is, I'm not :) lol.. Thank you.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Your ignorance will lead you down the wrong path...

MasternX

n00b
Your ignorance will lead you down the wrong path...

You mean my laziness? :) With so many different projects going on, I am looking more or less for a plug-n-play solution. That being said, $400+ for a cart with a boot loader and SD card slot is incredibly steep. Not downplaying the work put into it of course, it's just expensive.

Last edited:

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
which version of the 161-in-1 cart is the best? I.E. which one doesn't require heavy modding? I wish I was better at soldering, but the truth is, I'm not :) lol.. Thank you.

You mean my laziness? :) With so many different projects going on, I am looking more or less for a plug-n-play solution. That being said, $400+ for a cart with a boot loader and SD card slot is incredibly steep. Not downplaying the work put into it of course, it's just expensive.

The neosd doesn't require modding. So put your soldering iron away, and put on your rom searching hat, because that's all you need to do with it.

Kingen

n00b
I bought a "Neo Geo SNK Cartridge Super 138 in 1 Mutli Game PCB" the one that has a PCB for the menu system. Didn't get it to work in any of my Blast City cab, seems to be a known problem. I would go for a neosd, if I would feel the urge again..

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member

How is the NeoSD not a plug and play?

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
How is the NeoSD not a plug and play?

You cant just plug it right into your mvs system. You have to figure out how to load roms on a micro sd card. This obviously presents many new questions, what is a micro sd card? how do I find neo geo roms? when I do find them how do I put them on the micro sd card? There is a lot of upfront work and learning you have to do.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
You cant just plug it right into your mvs system. You have to figure out how to load roms on a micro sd card. This obviously presents many new questions, what is a micro sd card? how do I find neo geo roms? when I do find them how do I put them on the micro sd card? There is a lot of upfront work and learning you have to do.

:lolz:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
MasternX I'm glad to inform you that you are a fuckin idiot.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member

Quick question - on a scale of 8-10, how retarded are you?