Shock Troopers- blood on Korean version?

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Does anyone know if the Korean version of Shock Troopers is censored, to any degree?
Sometimes, the Korean version of an MVS game has different ROM chips compared to the US/Japanese version.
Does the blood setting include violence when switched on, or are there separate switches to turn on blood, and to turn on violence (i.e., where the enemies' arms are blown off)?

Last edited:

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I don’t think there’s any difference for shock troopers, at least between Korean shock troopers and other regions. There are a couple different versions of the game though, which have differences to how the health system works. Google it or search function here for exact details.

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
Not sure if this is the Mandela effect but I swore I played a version of this with blood in it. But now that I'm playing around with a modded Neo Geo mini I can't for the life of me figure out how to enable it.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
The Korean versions are hit and miss.
My Kcopy of 98 has no Japanese voices for instance.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Nearly always the only changed chip in a Korean MVS game is the P1 ROM. If you're up for opening the game, just look at the PROG board and see what the P1 ROM says. Might have something like 223-P1K or something to that effect. The K here means Korea.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Not sure if this is the Mandela effect but I swore I played a version of this with blood in it. But now that I'm playing around with a modded Neo Geo mini I can't for the life of me figure out how to enable it.
Are you playing around with the Korean version, or trying to enable blood in the n
standard release?