How easy is it for you to StreetPass hits on your 2DS/3DS where you live?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
If you live in New York City, Los Angeles, etc., I imagine you get more StreetPass hits than you know what to do with, but, me, I've owned my 2DS for about half a year now and I've got a grand total of, wait for it, three. Three. I frequently put my 2DS in sleep mode and take it with me when I'm out shopping or whatever, but, I live in a relatively sparsely populated region (my town only has about 4,000 people living in it) and I never see anybody else even playing one, just cell phones.

I'm still scratching my head over the last one I got the other week too. I took a walk downtown at 5 AM, it was only 5 degrees out, and there was absolutely no one else out-and-about but me. There's a no-parking-on-the-streets-overnight-ban in my town during the winter months too, so, there weren't really any cars/trucks around either. All I can figure is somebody must have dropped, and lost, their 2DS/3DS in the snow overnight.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I found that they increased at the launch of big games back in the day, such as Pokemon. Is fill up my quota all the time, but I hardly bring mine out anymore mainly because it never crossed my mind

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
I haven't used it in years. I found you could get a bunch off a tourist heavy place or convention.

@M

20 Year Member
I've tried that a few times, when there's a big gathering/event of some sort, but, no luck thus far. Got one hit at the local GameStop (which probably is the best place I suppose), one at a thrift store, and the third in the frozen early morning hours that I already described.

Japan must be really great for getting StreetPass hits. I look at the stats for all of the Mii visitors I get in Pokémon Rumble World and many of the Japanese players have StreetPass hits in the double and even triple digits!

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
If you lived in Southern California I would say take it to a theme park. I used to fill it every time when I would bring mine to one.

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
I think the most I'd ever get was three passes every now and then. That was back when the first pokemon 3ds games were out.

Haven't played anything on the 3ds in awhile either. I'd be kind of surprised if I got any these days.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
About three years ago, I worked in a grocery store and I would take the 3DS for breaktime, at the end of my shift I would get no less than 20-30 streetpasses. Now I get zero lol.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Got a ton in Tokyo back then, over here not so much. Haven't used it in years though.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
About three years ago, I worked in a grocery store and I would take the 3DS for breaktime, at the end of my shift I would get no less than 20-30 streetpasses. Now I get zero lol.

You know the crackheads who come into your shop pawned their kids' 3DS systems years ago.

@M

20 Year Member
@Day_Man: Unfortunately, no theme parks in my neck of the country. We get summer carnivals/fairs, but, that's about it.

@Dr. Shroom: That's what I imagined it would be like over there. I think a few of my Japanese Mii visitors even have StreetPass counts of over 1,000 hits.

@Kid Panda: That's neat. I suppose a lot of kids brought their 3DS's with them to keep them busy while their parents were shopping.

@LoneSage: Yeah, I'm all right, not great, but, all right.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
most of my casual streetpasses were from kids or gamestop. I havent brought my 3DS around for some time though.
I rarely got any hits at home, and I live in the city.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I used to be a streetpass whore and got tons of them when I went to McDs in my Dad's town of 8000 (It was near a school and all the time it said the kids were playing Pokemon).

Some of those paid games that use streetpass were pretty fun. I haven't looked for streetpasses in at least 2 years though.

Got a ton of them at the 2d con.

@M

20 Year Member
You were supposed to say Nah Butch. I'm pretty fucking far from OK.

That's very true, China is a bit of a swim from Oklahoma. Seriously though, I had to look up what you were referencing, I've seen Pulp Fiction, which is an awesome movie, but it's been years.

Anyhoo, last night, I took a look at the stats from some of my Japanese Mii visitors that have achieved the highest rank (79) in Pokémon Rumble World, took some screenshots, and they're even more impressive than I remembered:

HNI_0035.JPG

HNI_0039.JPG

I'd make fun of them for spending 200-300 hours on that game, but, I've already put in 130 myself, so, I shouldn't talk.

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
I have not used my 3ds in years but living in japan i would leave my house only for a few minutes and i would get a street pass hit. even now I am always seeing someone with one. Mostly little kids as one would expect.

@M

20 Year Member
No doubt, Japan is the place to be for StreetPass. I saw a young boy playing a red GBA SP at the hospital waiting room yesterday, which really surprised me, but, other than that, everybody else only seems to have cellphones these days.