Who else is caught up in the silly cold weather?

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
not bad enough to keep me from going outside to smoke, yet.

it's like day after tomorrow. soon we will have to all migrate to mexico.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Currently not all that better here...-13F with a wind chill of -24F. Unfortunately, it's supposed to war up to 5F by 2pm.....aaaannndd start fucking snowing, again, for the 4th time this week.

Jesus...it's just one thing after the next lately. Snow Fri, Sat, Sun into Mon, then it turned into freezing rain and then back to snow again. Tue/Wed was the "polar vortex" and as soon as it somewhat passes today, snow again. This weekend is a warm up....aaand more rain. Good god.

*EDIT*

At least my truck started today (unlike yesterday). I didn't take any chances, the block heater was plugged in since yesterday and I put a LP salamander heater under the damn thing at 5am this morning.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
not bad enough to keep me from going outside to smoke, yet.

it's like day after tomorrow. soon we will have to all migrate to mexico.

Maybe they'll decide to pay for that wall after all...

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah, this is BS. The furnace broke so on top of the shit weather $3k for a new unit. Been using the fire place like it was 1845.

Gentlegamer

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
10 Year Member
weather.com reported that the wind chill is colder than the surface of Mars

WTF

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
weather.com reported that the wind chill is colder than the surface of Mars

WTF

I'd say...that windchill yesterday morning felt like fire...your skin just burned.

The only time I was in temps lower that yesterday was doing work in a cold storage distribution center, they kept it at -40F and we were allowed to work in the area in 15 min spurts. The only good was there was no wind. At -40, it begins to hurt your eyes and the tip of your nose will get frostbite in just a few min if you're not wearing a full face mask.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Left the midwest for a work trip in CA. I might extend my stay if this shit doesnt warm up.
The good news is I just stocked up on wood for my fireplaces.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
It was like -30 with a windchill yesterday. Some grocery stores closed early, other places closed. School wasn't in session. They said it's the coldest since 2004, 1996, and the 1800s. The craziest part of it is that in a day or two, it will be 30-40 above. My store doesn't close, but many co workers couldn't start their cars. Lucky for me, even my 5 year old car started yesterday and today.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
It's real bad here. It got below 60 and I had to put clothes on... inside!

miisalo

Astra Superstar
One weird thing is what they were calling "Frost quakes".the ground was snapping and popping all night, as were everyone's houses. It was nuts, a few of them were extremely loud last night.

In here, cold weather is sometimes called what could be translated to "cracking cold" or "thundering freeze" because houses are making that noise. Actually when it warms up again, they might again crack & pop :)

I know that compared to some places, -22 isn't all that crazy, but it definitely is for us. Our houses just aren't built for this.

I can imagine how bad it is when you are not used to it. Here in Finland, we only get -40F weather up north and here at south where are now live, -5F weeks are normal and we only hit -20F maybe few times in the winter. But we are used to that, everyone has warm clothes and instead of that silly jumper, you get silly long johns every christmas - at least they are hidden under the trousers :D And I personally am one of those silly guys plow snow wearing shorts and hoodie.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yes.

We’re experiencing extreme heat during our Summer while those in the Northern hemisphere here are talking about polar opposite temperatures. Adelaide experienced its hottest day in 130 years at 46.2C.

What’s your point besides pointing out the opposite?

It was 42C and in 20mins shit dropped down to 20C with hail and then back to fuckin 30C. Wtf melbourne

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
The weather. You know who always talks about the weather? Old cunts, that’s who.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just inadequate clothing." - LoneSage

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
-28 Wednesday and Thursday. Car still won’t start and that’s the first that’s ever happened to me

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
It has been colder than this and for longer. Maybe you guys in other areas are not used to it, but it isn't that rare around here. In fact, it was below zero here only a week ago, it just wasn't windy at all. Even the people on the news were trying to make it seem like a big deal "we haven't had a blizzard like this in years! When was the last one?" and the weather guy goes "January 2018."

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Here's a clever fellow!

michigan motorcyclist.jpg

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
, even my 5 year old car started yesterday and today.
you'd hope so! My impreza is 20 didnt start at 6 am yesterday but still got going in the afternoon not even plugged in outside and after draining it in the morning still 10 below but that sun? Must have done it? Who is that first Aussie wondering why Southern hemi was mentioned? Maybe because this is a cold weather thread and its your summer? All you cunts get outta here!And go to Gaystons wtf weather thread ,or else:lol:

Last edited:

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
I should thank the Alps and the Mediterranean Sea: I live at the same latitude of Toronto and outside we have 13°C...

Last edited:

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
It has been colder than this and for longer. Maybe you guys in other areas are not used to it, but it isn't that rare around here. In fact, it was below zero here only a week ago, it just wasn't windy at all. Even the people on the news were trying to make it seem like a big deal "we haven't had a blizzard like this in years! When was the last one?" and the weather guy goes "January 2018."

So in Buffalo, it's regularly -20 or colder for a long time during winter? I'm talking actual temp, not windchill. I'm from MN and I've only experienced -20 or colder temps a handful of times.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Minor inconvenience, I ordered some rims, 3 were delivered Tuesday and the weather has kept UPS from dropping off the fourth. Hopefully today.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
58 and sunny here today. Up from -10 just 2 days ago.