Need advice on pricing for a 4-slot Neo-Geo MVS

A little bit of back story, I have wanted an MVS for a while but never really actively looked for one. Anyway I saw one at an old bowling alley and after asking the owner of the alley I got in contact with a guy who puts runs the machines in a lot of small arcades near me. This guys has been very cool, he said he has a lot of stuff in his warehouse and he would let me know when he had time to dig through things and see if he had something i could possibly buy. Fast forward 6 months and he finally got some time to check for me and send me the pics (https://imgur.com/gallery/KtxBMpO) (i couldn't get the pics to upload here for some reason) The only things wrong with it are: 1) there is a scratch on the Plexiglas that he put over the controls to protect the art when it was being used when it was in service (easy fix i can just take the plexi off permanently or make a new cover. 2) it is a 4-slot dedicated and he said he doesn't know why but only 3 are working at the moment. he is working on it but if he cant get the 4th slot to work he said he would knock some off of the price. Since he runs arcades he has quite a few games and he is willing to sell those as well, i am assuming they are mostly the common ones you see everywhere like the KOF games, puzzle bobble, metal slug etc. Although he did say "i had a game that ended up being really popular wind jammers. kinda odd" I dont know if that is work asking him about too.

Anyway, he said he needs to get with me on a price for the MVS as well as prices on the games, my question is based on the pictures and description. what is the range i should be looking at for the MVS so if i need to haggle or if he for some reason give a crazy number i have something to go off of. and also what are some good games i should be looking out for from him as well as decent commons and what are the going prices. as you can see i am extremely new to this and just don't want to either get taken advantage of or look like a fool by accidentally low-balling the guy.

thanks everyone!

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Where are you located?
I believe that has a bit to do with how much you'd pay for a cabinet.
I say that cab would be between $400-$600 here in Southern California.

Be careful when buying a four slot board as over time the battery leaks and eventually damages the board. I learned the hard way and after paying 350 for my first cabinet, I had to spend $150 for a new board.

Is he including the four games on the marquee?
I hope so, every Neo arcade (three so far) I have purchased has included the games.

Sorry I did mean to put my location. I am in Severn Maryland. And I think he maybe including 1 game for free but his could be an opportunity to get alot of games bulk style. Which is why I wanted to ask A) what should I be looking out for and B) general pricing. On those as well.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Where are you located?
I believe that has a bit to do with how much you'd pay for a cabinet.
I say that cab would be between $400-$600 here in Southern California.

Be careful when buying a four slot board as over time the battery leaks and eventually damages the board. I learned the hard way and after paying 350 for my first cabinet, I had to spend $150 for a new board.

Is he including the four games on the marquee?
I hope so, every Neo arcade (three so far) I have purchased has included the games.

Sounds about right. Don't expect all 4 slots to work 100% because they never do. Plan on replacing the power supply. Marquee lights may not work. Try to get a bundle deal with all the games. Check the price guide in my sig for baseline pricing.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Sounds about right. Don't expect all 4 slots to work 100% because they never do. Plan on replacing the power supply. Marquee lights may not work. Try to get a bundle deal with all the games. Check the price guide in my sig for baseline pricing.

This. Some games will only work on some slots, it's random and depends on how moody the board wants to be.