Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MiSTer FPGA Neo Geo core

I wouldn't hold my breath considering that Analogue was run off of the Neo communities for their shit overpriced CMVSs.

SouthTown StreetSweeper

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath considering that Analogue was run off of the Neo communities for their shit overpriced CMVSs.
    True, but an FPGA based one wouldn't be an overpriced CMVS is a environmentally sourced black walnut chunk of wood.

Why So Many X's?

Quote Originally Posted by sparksterz View Post
    True, but an FPGA based one wouldn't be an overpriced CMVS is a environmentally sourced black walnut chunk of wood.
    Bingo.

I think Analogue has figured out the sweet spot - $200. The SuperNT and MegaSG sold better than their expensive and PITA to produce CMVS and NT Mini.

This site ran Chris off but the Neo scene goes deeper than here. Even if he canít post about it here, he knows it would sell and thatís the bottom line

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by XxHennersXx View Post
    Considering how fast AliExpress sells out of those CBOX CMVS that are the same price as most FPGA consoles (AVS, Super NT, and Mega SG all are $180) it would sell amazingly. Especially if they got 8Bitdo to clone the CD pad, or made it also compatible with SNES controllers or something.
    I don't lie, I bought a cbox. It was somewhat pricey, but with both DB15 & Sega Saturn support for peripherals it wasn't a bad deal overall. At the time I had no clue what was involved with modding mvs boards, or what I even wanted in one (I really liked the shell they put on it). I think you are 100% correct that a FPGA Neo-Geo would sell fantastic. Something that runs from either a cart or flash memory would be have no troubles selling. Sure many people that already have a neo geo may pass, but many people on the fence not willing to risk some chinesium c-box or self-modding would get one. A brand new product from a company with a track record for support would sell itself out in no time.

Super Sidekicks 2

Quote Originally Posted by awbacon View Post
    It can't be long until Analogue puts out a Neo Geo FPGA console. I feel like thats a super logical next step for them
    The only problem I see here is that Analogue, until now, made FPGA products based on consoles with expired hardware patents and no copyrighted BIOS. NeoGeo needs a BIOS tho, which is copyrighted and would need either a not user friendly “bring your own BIOS” policy or a completely reimplemented one.
    Last edited by Locutus73; 09-13-2019 at 02:17 AM.
    Regards.

Locutus73

Hardened Shock Trooper

Finally set this core up last night, it's pretty sweet. Sometimes I get no sound, but a quick restart or mode change (Region/Arcade etc.) often brings it back. The uni-bios works flawlessly too, many thanks to the people who put in the hard work to get these things running

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by thermaltreasure View Post
    Sometimes I get no sound, but a quick restart or mode change (Region/Arcade etc.) often brings it back.
    Lots of people have reported the same issue (me included), but apparently it has been already fixed in the latest release.

Thread Information