Resident Evil 2

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
You realize this is running on the engine of the RE1 remake from like 2 years ago right?

Or did you not care enough about RE1 to notice it’s release?

I stand corrected did not realize that was even a thing. My next purchase.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
You realize this is running on the engine of the RE1 remake from like 2 years ago right?

Or did you not care enough about RE1 to notice it’s release?

it's running on RE7's engine, what are you on about?

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
it's running on RE7's engine, what are you on about?

My mistake - doesn’t change that a couple years ago a RE1 HD remake, which is exactly what he is saying he wanted to be released...already came out a couple years ago.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
My mistake - doesn’t change that a couple years ago a RE1 HD remake, which is exactly what he is saying he wanted to be released...already came out a couple years ago.

Bit more than a couple.

The remake was made for the GC in 2002.
I presume the HD one for the PS4 etc is just a remaster of that?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
What the heck is going on in this thread?

REmake 2 runs on the REmake engine?

REmake came out a couple of years ago?

This is Saner tier misinformation.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I'm surprised that people someone missed the original version of REmake from 17 years ago.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Love this remake! It's not without its flaws but its got the atmosphere down perfectly. Played this game only at night and with headphones on and it scared the shit out of me.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Ghost mode is absolutely not messing around.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
If you watch the cutscene from the original Resident Evil 2, the helicopter that drops the pod containing Mr. X (a scene that I feel sorely needed to be in the remake), that helicopter is carrying a bunch more pods. This implies that Umbrella is dropping them off all over the city to look for the G Virus.

Yeah I was bummed this cut scene didnt make it as well. Like you said it further suggest there were multiple T-103s. Plus its epic to see Mr. X plummet through the roof.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I finally finished my first playthrough, Leon A on Hardcore, but I am now realizing that what they probably intend is for you to do Leon/Claire A on Normal and then Leon/Claire B on Hardcore. The downside of that approach is that you miss out on the combination of everything being both new and challenging at the same time, so I'm still pretty happy I made the choice I did. I finished with a lot of healing items, save ribbons, and ammo, so I was clearly too conservative. That also led to why it took so long. I didn't turn it on unless I had multiple hours free so that I could thoroughly explore and minimize saves.

Last edited: