Opinion: World Heroes 2 is the best of the series

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
I have recently played all the world heroes games, and after playing them all, I think the only one that I would play regularly is World Heroes 2. The first World Heroes is just slow ank clunky, but still a bit of fun, it just needs lots of polishing. Then World Heroes 2 is great, as they added tons of new characters, they have a better death match with the swinging life bar. World Heroes 2 Jet is similar to 2 but since it has no death matches, it's worse. World Heroes Perfect is kind of generic and loses most of the cool things about World Heroes. So, in my opinion World Heroes 2 is by far the best.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
WH Perfect is the best one but they're a mediocre at best.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
WH1 deserves to be judged on its own merits. At the time it was a worthy competitor to Street Fighter 2 and is still fun by those standards. In the mid 90's it was worth getting as a cheap home cart. SF2 is also slow and clunky compared with Turbo and everything after.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I recently played all 4 of them as well, I enjoy all of them for different reasons but I agree the 2nd one is probably my favorite of the bunch.

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
When I was in high school my friends and I used to play World Heroes 2 at the local bowling alley after bowling some games, so not only is it my favorite of the series but it is the only one I played semi regularly back then.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
World Heroes Perfect is the best. They finally figured out how to make World Heroes not suck ballz. It literally has "Perfect"...IN THE TITLE!!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
World Heroes sucks, any part, any game, any chara

I mean, yeah, sure, but...

It's like if you had a retarded dog, ya know, and that dog, as retarded it be, would still wait patiently for its master after work.

Playing World Heroes in 2019 isn't for sport or to beat others, it's a trip down nostalgia lane, a memory refresher for simpler times.

Anyone taking any WH game as seriously as they would a Street Fighter is not someone I'd like to meet.

kei_dash

n00b
WH2 is great, more modern WH titles lost DEATH MODE. WH2 is old but have a lot of nostalgia inside.
WHP is a great game: superspecials, "speedy" action, some combos, but it lost WH personality to be a "standard" fighting game.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I agree. The newer WH games are technically much better fighting games, but they lost that certain something the earlier games had. The older games were broken messes but they were a lot of fun.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Anyone taking any WH game as seriously as they would a Street Fighter is not someone I'd like to meet.

I take world heroes more seriously than life itself.

But you'd still like to meet me, right?

Oh yeah..

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I love world heroes 2, not such a fan of jet and perfect, but 2 is one of my fav games of all time, it has great presentation and really fun

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I agree. The newer WH games are technically much better fighting games, but they lost that certain something the earlier games had. The older games were broken messes but they were a lot of fun.

this

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
This thread prompted me to give the WH series a go. I gotta admit, not as bad as I remember. They are fun enough games for what they are.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
2 > Perfect

In the move from 1 to 2, I wasn't a big fan of the seesaw Death Match lifebar nor changing the C button throw mechanics. WH1 throws felt satisfyingly overpowered and a whiffed throw at least had some visual representation of a missed hit box.

Jet just lost me on several different levels. I missed the back-and-forth throw reversal contests. The C button mechanic was changed to the extent that not having a dedicated 4 button punch/kick setup was utterly pointless. Some characters had specials changed, or special inputs changed, all for the worse IMO, and Perfect changed them even further.

Missile

Another Striker
World Heroes Perfect is actually an excellent game. The earlier games have certain differences which I can understand people would miss like the death matches but Perfect is a level above IMO. I see it as something of an unheralded gem.