World Heroes Perfect: repair or proto?

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
AS: I don't really know where this thread belong, so mods, please move it if needed

Hello
I recently bought this WHP on ebay: www.ebay.com/itm/132908866202

And the P1/P2/EP1/EP2/S1 are EPROMs and M1 is an OTP PROM. Moreover the serial is pretty low (98). i believe it is a location test version, but if anyone has a low serial WHP and is willing to chech his PCBs it would help me quite a bit.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Did you run a CRC check in Unibios?

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Don't mean to discourage you, but judging by the lack of pictures in the sales add (and "trying" to cover the eproms in the only picture), i would bet it's a boot...

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
The right board matches nothing on mvs scans. Check if it's hand soldered when you get it, but it may end up being a boot.

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
Unfortunately I don't have an Unibios. It is not a boot as all the C and V roms are original, machine-soldered mask roms. The eproms seem machine soldered. All the other games are original and the WH1 has Toshiba eproms as P1 and P2 and an OTP PROM as M1. I know a game shop where I could do an Unibios CRC check, I will try to do it this week. If it is different from the real whp I will share the roms

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
It always helps to provide a picture.

Also, your link is to WH2 not WHP.

Last edited:

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
It may redirect you to another listing as the one I bought has ended. I will upload pictures today.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It would be nice to have a better photo, but it looks legit. Notice the layout is the same as WH2J, but with roms added. Real SNK carts commonly had the EPROMs labeled like that.

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
Bus + snow = no bus... I'll get the cart as soon as possible, unfortunately not today.

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy

The EPROMs are the same brand as my Ghostlop and Magical Drop III protos, NEC and Toshiba.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Looks like you forgot to post a full scan of the PROG board. That one is more interesting due to all the extra P roms. At any rate, the cart is totally legit.