Shinkiro, you can't deny it

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
The most emblematic artist that SNK ever employed, for years his art was what many of us associated with
Neo Geo.
And he is awesome

But come on, all the faces (on the male characters) are the fucking same! Once you accept this you can enjoy his art, but it is tryppy as fuck.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I thought this was common knowledge....I have always noticed that..
BB
The most emblematic artist that SNK ever employed, for years his art was what many of us associated with
Neo Geo.
And he is awesome

But come on, all the faces (on the male characters) are the fucking same! Once you accept this you can enjoy his art, but it is tryppy as fuck.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
What do you think Shinkiro drinks? I like to think he enjoys whiskey.

Yuri-aof2.jpg

Mn.jpg

joe.jpg

Kof_98_cover.jpg

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I thought this was common knowledge....I have always noticed that..
BB

I'm not addressing something that isn't obvious. It is clear as daylight. I just find it funny that it is hardly ever been mentioned. Shinkiro draws like he has some sort of mental disorder.

Wait till you get a load of the next thread I have in the works

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Shinkiro draws the face of his estranged father on all the male characters he does. It's his way of coping. Don't you fucking judge him

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Shinkiro's father is George Clooney?

1601521-cast_fatal_fury_special.jpg

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Iori in the background crying over getting dumped. She said he was too needy, had to stop with the stalking

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
I never understood why they all had to look like they're suffering from sleep deprivation...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
His style really did define SNK's characters and anything else since really hasn't had the same weight to it.

I really like these ones

77224.jpg

082998.jpg

Metal-Slug-X.jpg

Samurai-Showdown.jpg

ShinShinkiro.jpg

Quiz-Daisousa-Sen.jpg

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Definitely my favourite of the SNK artists. For a long time that was the "SNK" art for me.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Shinkiro is one of my favorite artists of all time, but this is a fair critique lol

Aside from more cartoon-style artists such as Akira Toriyama (dragon ball/dragon quest character designs) and Eiichiro Oda (one piece), George Kamitani from vanillaware is another revered game industry artist who tends to get the “same faces” critique:

20130130031737.jpg

CZQbWutUkAAj70P.jpg

I see it, but I can’t help but love both artists anyway :lolz:

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Shinkiro is one of my favorite artists of all time, but this is a fair critique lol

Aside from more cartoon-style artists such as Akira Toriyama (dragon ball/dragon quest character designs) and Eiichiro Oda (one piece), George Kamitani from vanillaware is another revered game industry artist who tends to get the “same faces” critique:

20130130031737.jpg

CZQbWutUkAAj70P.jpg

I see it, but I can’t help but love both artists anyway :lolz:

Hah, yeah. It wasn't a critique per se, merely an observation. I actually like the fact that it's so bizarre

Missile

Another Striker

Yes I noticed that. I like his style but not for everything. His characters look too smooth looking for some games. Also I prefer the US Robo Army cover.

I have also noticed this in paintings by great masters. Seriously take a look the next time you go to an art gallery. So many of the faces and people look almost identical. Even the men's faces look like the women's sometimes. These artists spent years studying technique and subjects. It seems like a rookie mistake to make.