New Neo-Geo Mini gold and black for China region.

Sarumaru

Kabuki Klasher
Did a quick vid talking about the new NG mini for China. Looks like it's the Japanese version repackaged for 100 bucks. I like the color though.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
You’re so enthusiastic about all this stuff. I couldn’t give a fuck.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Did a quick vid talking about the new NG mini for China. Looks like it's the Japanese version repackaged for 100 bucks. I like the color though.

Thank you for creating the video I'll watch it later. The Gold and Christmas Ed. versions only tease of what could have been with authentic 1:1 repros of North American MVS and a Neo-Geo Gold System styled ver. This is like making SNES classic in shape but then patterning it like a Giraffe. Why? Oh why?

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Id rather a arcade1up styled system instead for around $500 with all the games the mini has.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
A color scheme is not going to fix a broken machine.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I saw two of those at WALMART recently.The Asteroids and Galaga/Galaxian combo. The build of the cab isn't half bad imo...(correct me if I'm mistaken)with my only concern being the construction of the cab which I would like made a red cab.
BB

Id rather a arcade1up styled system instead for around $500 with all the games the mini has.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I saw two of those at WALMART recently.The Asteroids and Galaga/Galaxian combo. The build of the cab isn't half bad imo...(correct me if I'm mistaken)with my only concern being the construction of the cab which I would like made a red cab.
BB

I wanted to pick up one of the street fighter or rampage cabinets for my son around the holidays. Unfortunately, there were a lot of issues reported with the quality of the controls, cabinet/paint, and emulation glitches (rampage crashes once it reaches a certain level). Arcade1Up has been shipping replacement parts, boards, and has stated that they are making upgrades/improvements to the next shipment of units. Their next themed machines are Mortal Kombat, NBA Jam, and another Street Fighter machine.

They also have wall mounted units and bartops on the way, so hopefully they get the quality issues worked out before they debut a big red cab.

Upcoming products:

Last edited:

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
A big red version may not be out of the question as they seem to be teasing CvS, FF, and FF2 in their Cocktail.

As far as a black and gold neo geo mini, who cares. It will suffer from Gold Plastic Syndrome.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Gold plastic is historically a bad idea.

A big red version may not be out of the question as they seem to be teasing CvS, FF, and FF2 in their Cocktail.

As far as a black and gold neo geo mini, who cares. It will suffer from Gold Plastic Syndrome.

But how can you be certain it will be gold plastic and not real gold???

Last edited:

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
I think the mini is great for the casuals but they need to release a quality stick for them.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
BB

I bought the A1up SF cab. The cab is a decent quality construction-wise, but the sticks are horrible and the stereo games are only outputting right channel audio. I'm evetually going to upgrade mine w/ either a Padora's box or an actual arcade board. But before I do anything the joysticks have got to go.