Anybody got the new BitBoy?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I looked through the handheld section and a bunch of YT reviews etc. and it seems to have a nice screen and be pretty user friendly. My main concern is that it's too small to play comfortably with regular sized man hands.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I'll let you know on Monday, that's when mine arrives.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Oh, I'm sorry I wanted to play Metroid 2 on a 4 hour car ride ya jabroni

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm interested in hearing what Niko has to say. I've tried several different handheld emus (including building a few of my own) and they all seem to have some stupid flaw. I looked at a couple of Youtube reviews and they seem to like the new one, although none of them seem to notice that the pitch of the music in SMB3 is way off. Then again, they might be dumb enough to be loading PAL roms or something too.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Oh, I'm sorry I wanted to play Metroid 2 on a 4 hour car ride ya jabroni

Why the fuck aren't you driving? Do you lead your own life? Steer the rudder, turn the wheel JUST DO IT

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Peter Weller is driving. I'm eating onion rings, apple pie and talking to John Lithgow if you must know.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Peter Weller is driving. I'm eating onion rings, apple pie and talking to John Lithgow if you must know.

I mean I assume that's a Buckaroo Banzai reference but what's with the four hour road trip?

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
I have the new bitboy and I'll keep my impressions of it brief. Holding it isn't a problem but the four face buttons annoy me. Maybe with enough time I would get used to it. The second issue I have with it is the screen, on some nes games the smaller sprites caused me some eye strain. I haven't tried the gameboy emulation but I would imagine it would be easier on my eyes. The screen panel itself is nice though.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Another redundant handheld. Shitboy.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I bought one, mainly for the GB/GBC emulation. It's..."ok". It's nowhere near as good as a gba with an ez flash Omega honestly. NES emulation is pretty great on it though.