Neo Geo AES PAL-> NTSC conversion..

garza2001

n00b
Hello,

Just a question about the process on how it's done or what would I need to do the conversion. I recently aquired a PAL console and want to convert it to NTSC through composite to work on my TV back in the states. Any information or advice on the matter would greatly be appreciated board revision is 3-6 if im not mistaken. Thank you!

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
An external converter will not make the system run at 60Hz. You have to open it and solder a jumper in. A PAL 3-6 is unusual though. The motherboard needs to be inspected to be sure what it is.

Last edited:

garza2001

n00b
An external converter will not make the system run at 60Hz. You have to open it and solder a jumper in. A PAL 3-6 is unusual though. The motherboard needs to be inspected to be sure what it is.

I just shipped it home, but as soon as I go home in a week or so I'll post pics and bump this thread. I did notice that there looked like a little oscillator on the PAL but it was Vertical | not horizontal __ when I peeked inside the console.

edd_jedi

NEST Puppet
Although we all know NTSC consoles are better, PAL ones are pretty rare and therefore more valuable. You might be better off selling the PAL console to an 'enthusiast' who will appreciate it, and buy a cheaper factory NTSC console.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Just because something is more rare doesn't necessarily make it more valuable. Nobody wants shitty pal consoles.

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Most of the time I think is people who doesn't want to guess if their TV will work on NTSC, going through the trouble of finder a proper voltage transformer (110V->220V). I feel like this matter less nowadays because the people still buying this kind of stuff can handle this kind of, let's call them, "barriers" without any problem at all.