For raffle: Mega Man 15th Anniversary Wall Scroll

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
My brother and I used to have boxed Mega Man 1 from Kaybee for $30. Got it in '89 or '90 after 2 was already out (had rented it several times before 2 was out).

I have this now:
DI01t3fUwAA80lp

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I am not as nutty as any of the above, especially that tattoo... So I am just going to tell you a story. When I was about 15, I worked at a Chinese restaurant as a busboy, getting paid under the table. Tips were pretty good back then in the late 80s, I made about $100/weekend. Because my parents were immigrant hardass, they made me give them 50% of the earnings. Still, $50/week was pretty decent so I spent them typically on videogames and comic books.

I bought Mega Man 1 sight unseen, I think it costed about $40 back then, I don't remember now. The cover looked kinda stupid but I liked all the other Capcom games (1942, Trojan). Well, it blew me away. Letting you choose your own stage and then getting that boss' power up was fresh. I probably played it for a month, my friend and I took turns trying to beat it. I still remember that mud-splitting boss that took me forever to figure out the pattern... I can still remember being in my friend's room playing MM1 and beating that game, 30+ years later.

Too bad I sold all my NES games so I didn't keep MM1. I still have a few MM NES games but nowhere near a complete collection. Maybe one day.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
In all seriousness I'd like to see Ren get it. He went out his way to help me get a Deluxe MM11 and hes a good member.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Screw the raffle, I want to read more Lastblade stories.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
56b61cb31a0fd356f378afacd73d28ec.jpg

When I was 13 I decided I wanted a Megaman tattoo because I love the franchise. 15 years later and I still wanted it, so I got it done.
That's going to look fantastic after the leg hair grows back, Einstein.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Why didn't the whites of his eyes get filled? It is unsettling seeing what looks like patchwork on skin -there's like a raised level of Mega Man's skin on the guy's real skin.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I have a Mega Man tattoo as well, guys...but I can’t ahow you it because it is on my ass cheek and I am too modest

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I should get a Wonderboy 3 tattoo just to be one of those know-it-all Sega assholes who tries to spoil everything.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Why didn't the whites of his eyes get filled? It is unsettling seeing what looks like patchwork on skin -there's like a raised level of Mega Man's skin on the guy's real skin.

White ink basically disappears eventually. The “raised” part goes back to normal after the swelling goes down.

That's going to look fantastic after the leg hair grows back, Einstein.

It looks fine, looks like my other tattoos. My leg hair is pretty minimal.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Screw the raffle, I want to read more Lastblade stories.

Haha thanks. late 80s/early 90s were happy times for me... making dough from restaurant and dating way above my level

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You think I'm joking but I'm not. More stories plz thx

Also update on how the parents are doing. Feb 5th the year of the pig comes, and I'm honestly interested in how your family celebrates that in America.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member

Also update on how the parents are doing. Feb 5th the year of the pig comes, and I'm honestly interested in how your family celebrates that in America.

By porking your mom...

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member

I am thinking about it... I am not a natural story teller, so it takes me awhile to compose something interesting. My day job requires me to write technical mumbo-jumbo so I am so used to sprouting either corporate non-sense or technical analysis. Retelling stories in an interesting way is out of my comfort zone. Still, I think it is good to document the stupid shit I did when I was young so I can tell my kids someday.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
LoneSage is right, your story is more than excellent Lastblade. I like it especially because you mentioned actual figures from back then, money gives any story that extra spice. 50% of the earnings, goddammit... thanks for sharing.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Hey Panda, I'm curious to know who the winner ended up being.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Hey Panda, I'm curious to know who the winner ended up being.

Yea, past couple of weeks had been super crazy. I used my wife and assigned people numbers and told her to pick one of the numbers, and the winner is........

Gutsdozer!!!!

I'll pm him tonight with the info. I got something else in going to raffle but don't know how it's gonna turn out. It's kinda rare. But we'll see, thanks everyone!

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Yea, past couple of weeks had been super crazy. I used my wife and assigned people numbers and told her to pick one of the numbers, and the winner is........

Gutsdozer!!!!

I'll pm him tonight with the info. I got something else in going to raffle but don't know how it's gonna turn out. It's kinda rare. But we'll see, thanks everyone!

Dudes gonna jizz in his pants

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Dude thank you so much! You're the bro Panda! Oop....Just jizzed a little....

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I cried a little inside, but at least it went to my boi, Guts :)

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Thanks again KP! It made it here and on the wall!