For raffle: Mega Man 15th Anniversary Wall Scroll

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Heyo guys! So I went digging in the black hole that is the Panda Vortex, and found this little gem. So what I'm doing is giving it away, you just pay shipping but here's the rub, I know there's some big MM guys here, so you need to tell me why you deserve it more than the next guy. Be absurd, be genuine, it will be a random drawing ending next sunday.

Shipping will be Priority Mail shoe box size so it will run about 8-10 bucks. I will accept brothers from the north, you'll just need to pay the extra shipping, sorry guys love you but I just can't eat it on something that is free so keep that in mind. Happy robot hunting!!!!!

3e2e201931a2ecde1223e03cbf695f76.jpg

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
56b61cb31a0fd356f378afacd73d28ec.jpg

When I was 13 I decided I wanted a Megaman tattoo because I love the franchise. 15 years later and I still wanted it, so I got it done.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Holy shit if that's you - give the man his prize!
Edit; now you only need to prove that you're neo robo

Last edited:

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Holy shit if that's you - give the man his prize!
Edit; now you only need to prove that you're neo robo

Go to my Instagram and compare pics I’ve uploaded here, but if that’s not proof enough I took this just now

4565da8631c8de82ae3b3cf27605292b.jpg

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
I know a kid whom I introduced to MegaMan but he has no tat. He's only 6 yrs old! He would love something like this.

No one will be able to top Henners.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I was planning on doing a remix of a Mega Man song, but got side tracked. Ended up turning into some chiptune'ish tech house track with sound samples from Super Mario Bros & Transformers. (check the links in my sig if you care to listen). I will say though that a tattoo would be hard to beat... unless someone else has an even bigger Mega Man tattoo? :spock:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
That kind of looks like a contemporary tattoo.

If not fake, then photoshopped?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Thanks for the heads-up Moe!

*ahem* I will need the evening to compose my thesis and tomorrow morning afternoon for the rest.

Although I desperately want to win that scroll, I do have to give some serious props to Henners for getting a cool Mega Man tattoo and realize that that will be hard to beat...

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Thanks for the heads-up Moe!

*ahem* I will need the evening to compose my thesis and tomorrow morning afternoon for the rest.

Although I desperately want to win that scroll, I do have to give some serious props to Henners for getting a cool Mega Man tattoo and realize that that will be hard to beat...

:buttrock:

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
That kind of looks like a contemporary tattoo.

If not fake, then photoshopped?

First pic is fresh - taken right after it was done. You can see my hair was shaved for it (shaved just where the tattoo is) that was like 4 years ago. The second picture (which I took specifically for this thread) you can see it’s more faded now

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
During spring/summer do you shave your right leg?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Renmauzo's thoughts on Mega Man: Part 1

Whatever name you associate with him, be it Mega Man, Rockman, or (The) Blue Bomber, Capcom’s loveable mascot is my favorite character as has been his series of games since’87.

Since ’88, I was hooked. From the look and gameplay, to the memorable cast of characters from one game to the next, I found myself always wanting to rise to the challenge presented in every game and see Mega Man prevail.

NApWNBY.jpg

t6Oaobw.jpg

Over time, I bought the games new when I had money (which wasn’t often growing up) and have kept them ever since. As time went on and as I started to make more money, I picked up those games that I had missed (although I’m still missing a complete copy of the original Mega Man and I’m going to start to track down all the Gameboy games and the title for Game Gear), have bought two reproductions in Mega Man Wily Wars and Mega Man & Bass, and have gone out of my way to find oddities like Mega Man & Bass for WonderSwan, and I always go back to all these games on the regular; every Christmas Eve, for very personal reasons, I play through MMX through MMX4 on the SNES and PlayStation. These are games that I can speed run, are always fun, and are – ultimately – timeless.

QxtlHIQ.jpg

iztFkRB.jpg

It’s not just about my love for all things Mega Man, but my excitement in talking with other like-minded Mega Man fans about the series. When GutsDozer needed a Mega Man 11 special edition for Switch, I immediately thought, “I need to help this man”. I used to own 3 copies of Mega Man X3 (right place, right time each time) and gave two of them away to people I would come to know who had strong memories for that game and for various reasons, were never able to get one. Not once have I thought, “I’ve given away a couple thousand dollars’ worth of games!” but instead can reflect that I’m glad to have made other Mega Man fans happy, getting a game that has been important to them. For me, Mega Man X3 would be my greatest Christmas disappointment. In December of 1995, all I wanted for Christmas was Mega Man X3. I read the Game Pro article so many times in the month leading up to the holiday that I had nearly memorized it, and so I made sure to make my Mom very aware of how important this was to me. In the wee hours of the morning on the 25th, I went looking through the presents and found one distinctly the size and shape of an SNES game. As the morning wore on, all I was thinking about was that one gift, and when the time finally came and I unwrapped it, I was completely gutted to see a Programmable SNES game pad. I put on a smile and thanked my parents, but I think my Mom could see it in my eyes, and would tell me later in the day that she tried every store in town and no one had the game. I told her it was okay and that I appreciated her trying and that I was really happy with the pad.
A couple of years later, a friend told me Blockbuster was starting to sell off all their SNES rentals to make room for newer consoles and I raced down to find out that their X3 was sold already. When I started working in Ottawa, I came across a Micro Play and eagerly asked if they had a copy for sale. They didn't, but they took names and would let me know when one came in on trade...after the person who was ahead of me mind you. Years would go by, the Gamecube would launch, and finally I got the call (turns out the other guy didn't return their message) and so I raced down after work and finally got the game I had been after for nearly 10 years. Years later, I would happen on a couple of copies for $50 a piece, and so I snapped them up just based on my love of Mega Man X and as a counter to that feeling I had had all those years ago. Every Mega Man game I own has a story behind it, and I hold those memories dear.

Now, it doesn’t just stop at the games: as a trained animator, the artbooks, artwork, model kits, and toys really resonate with me and have influenced how I work while motivating me when I am working on a project.

llEUX0K.jpg

I was onboard immediately with a mail subscription to the Mega Man comic by Archie, and stuck it out until it was cancelled. I managed to find those two Mega Man-focused issues of Nintendo Power, but I still want to find the GamPro covering Mega Man X3 which is what got me so pumped for the game at the time.

To be continued in part 2...

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Renmauzo's thoughts on Mega Man: Part 2

fI4Wtry.jpg

TRT3NFN.jpg

I’m a fan of figures for recreating scenes, but besides the figures themselves that I’ve gotten, I used to watch the Mega Man cartoon on Saturday mornings while playing with Lego and modifying mini figures into various robot masters. One of two dream projects that I would try to see through were I to win the lottery or come into large sums of money, would be to approach Capcom about financing a Mega Man X animated series that retells the first few X games akin to the Day of Sigma OVA (which looked absolutely perfect). One can dream…

eBdtb9A.jpg

V9o95dn.jpg

YYGL1s6.jpg

All these ones are sealed, but I had a set opened at our last place, I just haven't finished renovating the basement to get the opened ones up yet.

Pwln3y2.jpg

irnxphe.jpg

I love Mega Man, but by now, you already know that. I’m passionate about the brand, so to be clear, this isn’t about trying to be the bigger fan, no, it’s about an opportunity to talk about something I am passionate about and share with others who are just as passionate about our lovable blue hero.

While I'm throwing my name into the raffle, I know that the scroll will go to a Mega Man fan that will care for it.

Thanks for reading!

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
fI4Wtry.jpg

TRT3NFN.jpg

I’m a fan of figures for recreating scenes, but besides the figures themselves that I’ve gotten, I used to watch the Mega Man cartoon on Saturday mornings while playing with Lego and modifying mini figures into various robot masters. One of two dream projects that I would try to see through were I to win the lottery or come into large sums of money, would be to approach Capcom about financing a Mega Man X animated series that retells the first few X games akin to the Day of Sigma OVA (which looked absolutely perfect). One can dream…

eBdtb9A.jpg

V9o95dn.jpg

YYGL1s6.jpg

All these ones are sealed, but I had a set opened at our last place, I just haven't finished renovating the basement to get the opened ones up yet.

Pwln3y2.jpg

irnxphe.jpg

I love Mega Man, but by now, you already know that. I’m passionate about the brand, so to be clear, this isn’t about trying to be the bigger fan, no, it’s about an opportunity to talk about something I am passionate about and share with others who are just as passionate about our lovable blue hero.

While I'm throwing my name into the raffle, I know that the scroll will go to a Mega Man fan that will care for it.

Thanks for reading!

Damn, nice collection!
After reading your part 1 and 2 of your post I would think you are in the lead for the scroll.

Goodluck.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Why not me!?

I never win shit. I enter raffles and always lose so I want to win because I don’t have anything mega man like the other guys. It would be my first mega man item in my 45 years of life. I’ve played some games never beating any. The games didn’t belong to me either. I always like using mega man in the fighting games he’s in, he seems to be a cool cat.

When I win, I will proudly display the wall scroll in my room with all of my other various random things and it will be the only mega man item displayed taking full attention (not like the other fucks).

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
These are indeed some outstanding entries. However, unless I read it wrong, after all this KP is actually planning on doing a random draw for the winner :keke:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
These are indeed some outstanding entries. However, unless I read it wrong, after all this KP is actually planning on doing a random draw for the winner :keke:

You are correct. The entries so far are pretty damn good though. :D

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
fuck man... I thought gutz was gay for Blue bomber, Ren is on a whole different level. lol