(Sub)Urban Coyotes

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
We could actually use more coyotes where I live. There was a big population explosion of rabbits this summer and natural predators don't seem to be keeping their numbers in check (I've got two or three of them living in my yard; after every snowfall there's fresh rabbit tracks and bunny shit everywhere). Watching them bounce around at night, chasing them from window-to-window, keeps the cat amused at least (she's not an outdoor cat, nor spayed, otherwise, I'd let her out to do some hunting).

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Had another sighting at 1AM this morning. Wolf pee, here I come.

Honestly? You should cherish these memories and stop being scared.

This has happened multiple times to you - what do you want? Do you want to live in a world without coyotes?

Let them be and they won't mess with you.

I've been in a place where there are no wild animals and I sure do miss seeing a wandering deer on the road when I drive.

Anyone else walking their dog at 1AM?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Honestly? You should cherish these memories and stop being scared.

This has happened multiple times to you - what do you want? Do you want to live in a world without coyotes?

Let them be and they won't mess with you.

I've been in a place where there are no wild animals and I sure do miss seeing a wandering deer on the road when I drive.

Anyone else walking their dog at 1AM?

Sure, it's awesome seeing them. But I'm concerned for my dog. Otherwise I wouldn't care. I was taking my dog out at 1AM because he was having diarrhea every half hour, if you must know.

@M I actually like having rabbits around, which began maybe 4 or 5 years ago. Before that, it was just birds and squirrels. The poop is an issue though. I think the above mentioned diarrhea was caused by someone eating nature's coco pebbles.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I don't hate rabbits, but picking bunny pellets out of the treads of your boots gets old. I came home last night and one of them was perched on the top of the snowbank, "hiding" behind one of the leafless bushes in my yard, in plain sight, and he/she was all like "My camouflage is perfect, Revolver Ocelot will never find me here!"